Any Big Riders Out There ?

weet

wondering ? im a big guy, 290 pounds, 6'1'' ... thinking of buying one of these trials bikes , for fun and exersize,

i have about 30 acres on the north side of my place,

lots of trees rocks, hill's n' deer trails.

whats your opinions ? am i too large of a fellow ? [i ride a gl1800 goldwing now]

and have rode lots of dirt bikes, years and years ago.

im probly too old ...[i dont think so !!] im 46.

cheers !!

weet :wall:

im a big lad... 6ft 2 and 18 stone...

I have found i get knackered but its helping my fitness no end... wrists and knees take biggest pounding (plus the bones ive broken falling off :wall:)

Just make sure you get the pre-load wound up !!!

Jza

LOL! I am smaller guy, only 6' and 230 lbs and closing 40 fast. I luckily have few acres of my own land where I can practice and the local trial clubs practice grounds are only 10 minutes away. I hope to get back in shape with trial and lose about 30-40lbs during this summer. :wall:

hello and howdy !

well.shucks, guess i wont look too silly on a itty bitty bike !! lol..

i hail from central missouri.

truman lake area.

i drive a truck, not home alot, the SO helps with the cows as much as she can.

we absoluty LOVE taking trips on our goldwing, but with time and trave costs, .. gas is terrible !!!

we still try to take one big trip each year. im not going to be in this truck forever, been driving one 25 years now,

time to start thinking about staying home more.

and get more healthy, and ''slow down'' i'll have the farm paid off next year, [thank the Lord !!]

anyhoo...... thinking of getting an older Montesa 315r, ya think ? whats ya'lls thoughts on that bike ?

rode one at trials training down in tenn, a few years bak, had a blast. sore as all git out the next day !!

if i remember right ? saw a monty 315 for around 1500 dollars on trials exchange, here a few weeks ago, good price ? it was a 99' i believe ? maybe a 2000 model, cannot remember.

zippy ? did u know ? there is a grave ston in louisiana,, that say's.......

''last words'' .......hey ya'll !! watch this !!!

lol.............. anyhoo, looking 4word to talkin with you guy's, need to pick your super smart brains.

weet

Weet, there is a great group of riders in MO and it sounds like you cannot be too far from them.

Track down Hensley, he need a riding buddy!

Spend your money on as clean and new a bike as you can afford. a nice older Monty is a good reliable bike. More depends if it is well kept! Shop around a bit!

Heres a link to the site of the Trenton group

http://www.matt-trials.com/

weet Posted Yesterday, 05:59 PM

zippy ? did u know ? there is a grave ston in louisiana,, that say's.......

''last words'' .......hey ya'll !! watch this !!!

That is absolutely Priceless!!!!!

I have heard the phrase uttered many times, in many different states of mind. Unfortunately for me I usually say it when I am sober (I must just be a little off center) But never knew it was a grave stone anywhere.

oh yea if anybody cares 5foot 9inches tall and 230 pounds. (trying to get back down to at least 220.)