Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Trials Central

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Week 15 - Too Tough To Tackle?

Featured Replies

Nice thoughts, jimmyl and well put.

I hope that future trials riders will want to ride in the SSDT and Scott in their present format. It is the responsibility of all people who cherish the events to ensure that they survive by helping in some way or other, even if this is only to encourage new entrants by communicating their passion.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting last year on the Saturday evening looking over the loch after both completing the trial drinking a pint in remembrance of our old man who had suported us so well on our trips to Fort William in the 80's reminded us this was more than a trial, this is history!!

Long may it carry on and impress its memory on the minds of every body who rides it. It is unique and I feel honoured to have been a part of it.

There are many times that I (and i'm sure all involved in organising this event) wonder 'why do i do this?' the paperwork, the meetings, the travelling, the time, the politics, the negotiations..the list goes on. (riding the bike and putting flags in the ground is the good bit!)

However jimmyl your words remind me why we do - thank you.

Edited by overthehill

Sitting last year on the Saturday evening looking over the loch after both completing the trial drinking a pint in remembrance of our old man who had suported us so well on our trips to Fort William in the 80's reminded us this was more than a trial, this is history!!

Long may it carry on and impress its memory on the minds of every body who rides it. It is unique and I feel honoured to have been a part of it.

Wasn't going to comment on this thread because I'm not qualified but the words above have a new poignancy for me this year.

I've never ridden and I'm unlikely to but the Scottish means so much to me as a person and to us as a family that no matter what the scenarios regarding the weather, garbage accommodation and the flipping midgies it is an annual pilgrimage.

Edited by Slapshot 3

and the flipping midgies

Slightly off the subject, but they must be early this year and boy oh boy are those little ba****ds hard :D

Stand outside at Linnhe Caravan park for 2 minutes early evening and you were KNAWED to the bone, when it started raining I am sure they were donning GORTEX.

Literature in our lodgings said you can run faster than a midge, that is all well and good if you haven't been over Clunes or Rannoch Moor, running is the last thing I needed to do :beer:

  • 4 weeks later...

This year was my first year and I will definitly put an entry in next year!!!!!

I rode round with Geoff Herbert, Graham Hutcheson and Neil Bowker and they were all very helpful.

My first encounter with some real moors on Tursdsay morning ended up with me buried in a bog withiin 5 minutes, but by the end of the week I was beginning to learn where to and not to ride.

Both me and my brand new bike were knackered but I cant wait to see if I get an entry in December :D

I am your average clubman rider, and I did ask for a couple of fives at the start of the week, but when I heard about the observers making official notes of this I made an effort to at least have a go. Hence the reason my bike and myself are battered lol.

I lost count of the amount of times I went over the handlebars on the moors but luckily every time me and the bike were ok. A week later I fractured my finger at Hook Woods catching a tree at 2mph lol.

Thanks to Beta for being so helpful and to the organisers for a brilliant event.

Cheers

Tony

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.