Repsol Ptb

dad-

im getting second hand repsol ptb this week. can anybody give me advice on set up or recommend any good maps to use. ideally i would like the bike to be slightly softer of 1st part of throttle but with more mid range and top end. it is a standard 06 bike at the moment but might have mitani front pipe fitted shortly. any opinions on mitani front pipes do they make much difference to power ?

Justin that bike will be running better than Dabills soon but then we that.

Dad you go steady with the pension money you need to put a bit aside for the MEALS ON WHEELS lady and the the bloke who comes in every morning to get you up and shave ya.

Sorry going off the posts question (Bad Ralph)

Abit harsh that Ralph and untrue..............you know as well as I do he gets the Meals on wheels free of charge

Dads just pm'd me to say stop ******* up his serious post! so any advise would be great from 4rt owners

Edited by Betarev3

There's a 'mild' map on the disk that a lot of folks favour, that's softer at the bottom but doesn't touch the mid/top that's left as standard. This seemed to work pretty well down here in the ****e and equally on rocky stuff. Its a pretty steady 'clubman' map, and means that starting doesn't become an issue - as it can with some more extreme set ups.

The software is pretty easy to use, to download maps, but I didn't spend a lot of time trying out changes. If you are really keen to get it the way you describe you might be best to PM munch, as he's tried a lot of things out, and knows what does and doesn't work.

The 4RT and I parted company after I struggled round the 3-Day with you boys, thought it was the bike so I bought a Gasser - now its clear its the rider.

Got a HRC Laia Sanz map on mine, came with bike S/H from Sandifords. (Told them I rode like a big girl so thats what I got). This seems to be softer at bottom and then comes in sharper at top. Ridden back to back with a couple of 4rts with soft map and harsh map and seems to be the case. I haven't got leads and software to down load but I have seen this map being asked for elsewhere on this site so maybe somebody has a copy to try.

Gets temperamental once a month mind

Got a HRC Laia Sanz map on mine, came with bike S/H from Sandifords. (Told them I rode like a big girl so thats what I got).

Gets temperamental once a month mind

Looks like you got a good one then...

A mate(expert) of mine (me..clubman) has a4rt and has explored the different ptb programs.

Each time he changed programs he'd ask me to try it then ask for my opinion (of course !!).

I distinctly remember him handing me the bike and saying:- ''Wayne..tonight you are riding Laia Sanz !!?? ''.

Funny how that stays in my mind :beer:

Seriously though, that program seemed to me to be the best (for a clubman),it softened the bottom end and seemed to leave the mid and top as standard.

Dave at Sandifords had used my bike for six months or so before I bought it and reverted to the Sanz programme after trying others. I believe he has used this on other 4rts he has used as they come through the shop. Definitely softer at the bottom and quicker at the top and his prefered map. seems to grip well in the mud if you ride it off the throttle but sharp enough to ride aggresive in first if needed.