Beta Or Gas Gas?

mafferz

What dya reckon everyone, should I go for a Beta rev-3 250 or Gas Gas TXT 280? They're both 2003 models. Any info on build quality or rideability appreciated, cheers everyone. mafferz

It depends upon your ability and the condition/price of the bikes.

For a novice/begginer the Beta would be a better bet. An Expert would probably get more from the Gas Gas.

Beta's do generally stand up to wear and tear a little better than Gassers, it's a case of going to have a look at both.

What dya reckon everyone, should I go for a Beta rev-3 250 or Gas Gas TXT 280? They're both 2003 models. Any info on build quality or rideability appreciated, cheers everyone. mafferz

It depends upon your ability and the condition/price of the bikes.

For a novice/begginer the Beta would be a better bet. An Expert would probably get more from the Gas Gas.

Beta's do generally stand up to wear and tear a little better than Gassers, it's a case of going to have a look at both.

I would have the GG, Beta's have electrical probs, ie cdi unit's, but then if its an 03 your looking at then I wouldnt have either unless you know the bike and previous owner, they need TLC, (as do all bikes).

Have you ever considered a Scorpa? They are bullet proof and as you are looking at an 03 ish then maybe the one?! Good luck with what ever you go for.

well im no expert but think about this my son has a gasgas 125 pro 2003 and i wanted a new tank for it so thew other day i rang shirtys about one which they told me they are unavalable for 2003 models but i could have one for a 2005 model which would fit with a bit of persuasion with a hammer to reshape it to fit in the frame when i stopped laughing i realised they were deadly serios and at 170 quid no thanks some back up hey !!!!! and the build quality is crap dont get me wrong they are nice and easy to ride but think about the back up i have had 3 betas now and they are bomb prove in build qualityand the parts are no problem just ring john lampkin and they will be there in the next couple of days realy helpful when i sell my sons gasser this year it will be the last one i ever have he will be havin a beta 125

I was faced with a similar desicion a while back,did alot of research and went Beta,

a bit heavy but that suggested to me "tougher" being I'm a begginer and I needed to learn on a bike that could withstand the abuse.

I havn't had any electrical problems,nor my Brother either,(knock on wood).

As to the Gasser's,,in my opinion "are"more benificial for the pro rider because of their weight.

I have no favorite's and wish I could afford to own 1or 2 each of the top 5! :banana2: