Ultimate

nigel dabster

Now it may be us lucky southerners or that in MK there is loads of boy racers but in my local BP garage they have started selling "ultimate 102".

basically a "high octasne fuel suitable for track use", is it available countrywide or are we just lucky?

Has anyone used it?

Its all the boy racers Andrew :D BP know where the market place is for 102 octane, they'll sell **** loads in MK. I did here its on trial at a few garages around the UK to see how it goes, should be on par with AvGas with abit of luck without the much higher cost. Will save us blagging we have a GulfStream now at Kidlington Airport <_<

Edited by The Addict

Its all the boy racers Andrew :D BP know where the market place is for 102 octane, they'll sell **** loads in MK. I did here its on trial at a few garages around the UK to see how it goes, should be on par with AvGas with abit of luck without the much higher cost. Will save us blagging we have a GulfStream now at Kidlington Airport <_<

I wouldn't try your bike on Jet fuel it won't burn. JetA1 is basically very clean (no physical contaminents) parafin. Someone will probably come back now and tell us all the breakdown of the fluid and its NAS class but basically diesel is much closer to jet fuel than petrol is.

I wouldn't try your bike on Jet fuel it won't burn. JetA1 is basically very clean (no physical contaminents) parafin. Someone will probably come back now and tell us all the breakdown of the fluid and its NAS class but basically diesel is much closer to jet fuel than petrol is.

Think Justin is talking about avgas as used in piston engined aircraft as in microlights etc rather than fuel used in turbine engines

Edited by barrybaines

Avtur is posh paraffin for jet engines, Avgas is aircraft standard petrol for piston engines. Lightning Jet used to use something called Avpin which was particularly scary because it could burn without oxygen, just the job for your 4rt to turn it into the ultimate carbon accessory.

Lightning Jet used to use something called Avpin which was particularly scary because it could burn without oxygen....

Cool - an anaerobic piston engine! Suitable for those wet SSDT sections when a mini submersible would be more suitable :wub:

It's been sold close to race tracks where they do track days as BP see a market for it. Most performance Japanese cars can use it along with "newer" European sports cars. 102 is supposedly cheaper at race tracks where it is sold.