Non Stop, No Inspection Event.

scorpa3

Our club is planning to run a single lap event under non stop rules which will be 'no inspection' allowed.

The idea of this is to make the event very easy with wide open sections and no/very little queueing.

I'd welcome any comments on this idea. Is it a good format and if not why do you think it isn't?

As long as the sections are easy I don't see you have a problem, but..........................

somone may hurt themselves and that is partly why we walk the section to avoid a injury??

Would you jump over a wall when you don't know what's on the other side, because someone said it would be fine :rotfl:

As I said there are plenty of clubs that run LDT's where no inspection is the order of the day so go for it, but nowt dangerous :unsure:

The trial will be a pre-enter event with the NO INSPECTION ALLOWED part clearly stated on the entry form. So riders will be fully aware of the nature of the event when they sign to enter.

Any section that the Clerk of the Course considers to be dangerous in any way will be marked with a INSPECTION ALLOWED sign at the start.

I'm just not 100% convinced it's a good idea. Thanks for your views, any other comments welcomed.

I'm going to lock this topic. It's not censorship, but I know John well enough to know he wouldn't ask or even beg for discussion on this to stop without good reason. I'm going to go with his judgement on this.