Tlr Stainless Header Pipe

chunk

Well its needing doing so i would like to put a stainless steel front header exhaust pipe on, thing is i cant seem to track one down, or anybody that sells them, has anybody used one from a xr200 or similar bike in the honda range? would it make any difference if i had one made up in slightly bigger diameter tube, would this do anything to the performance of my bike, as the bike has just got a ally back box but no middle box under the air box its just connected straight onto the front header pipe... your help please

It was me............... :rolleyes:

I bought the s/steel pipe on ebay, I have spent hours online and contacting dealerships and could not find one anywhere, SO if there is a supplier out there, I would love know where they hide

Now theres an opportunity for someone in manufacturing...........making s/steel pipes for TLR's , think I know who will do it...... M.....e :icon_salut:

I know it was alot to pay but going by my research what do you do, least I know it won't rust at the end as they do and will last, as long as I don't damage it...........

S... :blush:

Edited by 250TLR

I bought the s/steel pipe on ebay, I have spent hours online and contacting dealerships and could not find one anywhere, SO if there is a supplier out there, I would love know where they hide

Now theres an opportunity for someone in manufacturing...........making s/steel pipes for TLR's , think I know who will do it...... :icon_salut:

I know it was alot to pay but going by my research what do you do, least I know it won't rust at the end as they do and will last, as long as I don't damage it...........

Now theres an opportunity for someone in manufacturing...........making s/steel pipes for TLR's , think I know who will do it...... :icon_salut:

Hi , i sure you asked me to make a rear silencer as per Seeley, the item is in my workshop if you need it .

• 2 months later...

I had a stainless header made for my TLR. You can buy a pre bent 180 degree curved piece and also a 6" long, or so, piece from anyone that does custom exhausts and have them welded togeher by a decent welder. I got my piece in the states, from Bassani (probably Bassani.com) in California. For about $60 USD I had it delivered to the East coast and had my friend weld it and adapt the proper flanges for each end and it looks very cool and saves a fair amount of weight also. If you would like to see pictures of my TLR you can check out Heath's excellent trials website at www.r2wtrials.com and scroll down toward the bottom and on the right is the "tricked out TLR" link. I would attach pictures here but haven't taken the time to figure out how to do it.

Niner

All those interested...........

Just seen on UK ebay there's another genuine stainless steel pipe up for sale !!!!!!!!

Item No 190174648780

Simon

Simon, i would always check if something is "genuine" as Honda didn't fit these as standard, sometimes people can fabricate a few of this type of kit and selll freely on ebay etc usually they bid the price up themselves using one or two different names as bidders and hey presto a nice little earner.

Sorry bad choice of words by me, I guess what I was trying to say by genuine is it was an aftermarket manufactured copy of the original pipe, rather than one made by someone, but know one is going to believe I ment that !!! so I understand your comment.

What I found quite worring in your reply is the Scamming you say goes on, I think your probably right as it seems to be me as the victim, like this S/Steel pipe......... the original one I bought and I paid strong money for it because prior to that I couldn't find one or seen one come up for sale, couple of months later theres another one now.... or is it the bus scenario wait for one and two turn up....

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Now there's a hand made stainless steel pipe on ebay (Item number: 130179819111) made by the one person I previously thought in this thread would try to cash in on this.... (I should choose some lottery numbers! how you can read some types of people! ) he also has a starting bid for a RTL rear guard at

Edited by 250TLR