Questions About Mot

tombo46

I want to road register my 06 beta rev 3 and understand that I need an MOT, certificate of newness and insurance before I pay the DVLA a visit. however a friend has told me that because the bike was made in 2006 that it wont need an MOT as it is under 3 years old? Is this true even for a bike that was never intended for road use?

also, is it true that all I need to do to the bike for it to be ridden on a daylight MOT is fit an audiable horn and have road legal tyres?

Im not fussed on the whole road legal tyres thing, what do you rekon my chances are with the police if i get pulled, think they would spot that they are offroad tyres? surely the guy's who ride the trails dont have road legal tyres either and they dont seem to have much trouble?

any info much appreciated!

All the best

Tom

if you contact JLI they will get you the cetificate of newness to get the bike registered, no MOT needed, i think all the details are on the DVLA website, with the address of your local office. hope this helps.

Edited by paul w

i believe that if the tyres have a E mark on them, this makes them road legal , michelin tyres also state that NOT FOR ROAD USE IN USA & CANADA but are legal within europe, Dunlop 803 do not have the E number on them so not sure if road legal

im about due for a new rear tyre so if i find they arent road legal ill get a front and rear to match, how long do the dvla usually take to register it after you have completed all the forms etc? ill be going to the office to sort it all out.

Tom

I think you will need a red reflector on the back as well as a horn etc. I registered my Fantic 240 last year (in the IOM so it may be a bit different) but all I needed was Road legal tyres (Michelins), horn, reflector & speedo (push bike digital type).