A&b And C&d Emra Cancellation

telecat

Looks like unless somebody steps in that the Bracken Rocks Event will be the only remaining round of the A/B Championship. I have to say that other clubs have managed to relocate the nationals due to the F&M problems and I would have hoped that a replacement could be found. As for the C&D could not Mansfield relocate and run the Trial the day before the A/B???

Edited by Telecat

As a rider, organiser, friend of farmers and living with a farmer I can say that i agree 100% with the clubs decisions and I think some riders should put their selves in the organisers shoes sometimes. It isn't always easy to go and ask to use their land in normal circumstances but for the sake of a couple of weeks and a few missed trials at least we might have a sport in the future.

Can you imagine how many farmers would let us use their land if we were proved to have spread the disease???

And how much negative press we would get on National news if we'd been blamed - trials would be just about finished.

Respect the organisers for looking after their landowners and stop moaning about a couple of missed events - at least we'll be able to ride next year and the years to follow.

As for moving venues - there is alot of neighbouring farmers to think about as well.

Rant over! :huh:

Don't see anything in the previous posts about critising farmers VicX!! Perhaps you misread???? However there are alternate venues that are not farmland and given the lead time perhaps these should have been considered? Kent did it for their National. I'm not sure why IOW had to change venue's, but they also managed it. In both cases the club's had only a few days to do it not a couple of weeks. Hopefully Bracken Rocks will still be ok for the last round and Given that Mansfield run it and have run C&D and A&B Nationals in the past on consecutive days, could have done so again.

The thing is it isn't just about the land we run on - its the farm next door who has livestock and a rider comes from Surrey to ride the trial. Certainly with National events the risks are higher with people coming from all over - passing through the zones or even living in them - you can't pick and choose riders.

A trial near to us was cancelled the other week because the next door farmer had sheep on both sides of the lane to the trial land and wasn't happy about it.

The main issue is we can't afford to be linked with it full stop and my view is that who cares about not riding again this year if it means it's there for me next year???

P.S Wasn't meaning you were critising farmers just think this is not as straight forward as many people think - Even at the best of times!

:huh:

The thing is it isn't just about the land we run on - its the farm next door who has livestock and a rider comes from Surrey to ride the trial. Certainly with National events the risks are higher with people coming from all over - passing through the zones or even living in them - you can't pick and choose riders.

A trial near to us was cancelled the other week because the next door farmer had sheep on both sides of the lane to the trial land and wasn't happy about it.

The main issue is we can't afford to be linked with it full stop and my view is that who cares about not riding again this year if it means it's there for me next year???

Absolutely spot on Vicx, we took the decision to cancel our National last week end for exactly the same reasons. Dispite having a good number of 'non farm' land at our disposal, we just couldn't risk alienating the local farming community by taking the chance!

If an outbreak had come to the area after we had run, then you can bet we would have been blamed. Better safe than sorry... no matter how much it hurts us, it's better than the alternative :huh:

Stop moaning about losing the odd event!!!!!!

When Farmers in Surrey and surrounding areas are losing there livelyhoods and herds of animals that have been built up over years, contrary to popular belief farmers do get attached to there breeding cows, and to see them all being slaughtered must be heart breaking.

As VicX says it is the future we must be most concerned about.

If there is a 1000/1 chance of our sport spreading F & M at an event then we must not run, under any circumstances, IMHO.

So stop being so selfish and look to the future.

Edited by Adsy

Stop moaning about losing the odd event!!!!!!

When Farmers in Surrey and surrounding areas are losing there livelyhoods and herds of animals that have been built up over years, contrary to popular belief farmers do get attached to there breeding cows, and to see them all being slaughtered must be heart breaking.

As VicX says it is the future we must be most concerned about.

If there is a 1000/1 chance of our sport spreading F & M at an event then we must not run, under any circumstances, IMHO.

So stop being so selfish and look to the future.

My thoughts exactly.

• 2 weeks later...