Trial Des Nations - Tc Coverage

Andy

I will not be attending this year's Trial des Nations so Trials Central coverage of this event will not be what you might expect.

It was originally in my plans to go, but recent events have me feeling there are places I'd rather be this weekend.

As you all undoubtedly know, we lost Colin McRae last weekend. As a Scotsman, a motorsport fan and a Committee member of the UK Subaru Impreza Drivers Club, this came as a massive shock. We lost one of the greatest ambassadors this small country has ever had and the man who, without doubt, put the Subaru marque on the map with his famous World Rally Championship win in 1995 (and was also a bloody good Trials rider...) . I know for a fact, if it weren't for him and what he achieved, I wouldn't be driving an Impreza today today and know many others, equally as shocked, who feel the same.

On Saturday I will be taking a friend and his young lad to the Colin McRae Rally hosted by Coltness Car Club in Perthshire.

On Sunday, myself and what is currently running at 70+ (and growing) Imprezas of the Subaru Impreza Drivers Club will be travelling in slow convoy to Lanark for the celebration service of the lives of Colin and his son Johnny to pay our respects.

I'd love to be in Douglas this weekend, but this time something more important has come along.

Surely someone (Atom) can get some piccies and reports! :huh:

Jake will send pics over and, of course, there will be reports and results. There just won't be the level of photo or video coverage there normally is from world events.

Surely someone (Atom) can get some piccies and reports! :huh:

Jake will send pics over and, of course, there will be reports and results. There just won't be the level of photo or video coverage there normally is from world events.

Andy

I think the guys from ActionandEvents.co.uk may be attending in a photographic capacity so might be worth trying them for some additional pics?

Hillary, better known as Mike Rapley, columnist on Centrally Speaking, will be there for all three events, principally working for YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE and TBM, but if anybody has the technology to get pics from my Nikon onto Trials Central, they are welcome to use the lot. Contact me at the Chesterhouse Hotel or spot me with the Trials Central fleece.