Keihin Question

copemech

Hi C. I've never seen a PWK 26, it seems to me that Keihin has the PE model in 26 mm. but the minimum on PWK is a 28 mm bore. I'm not sure of this. The PWK 28 is a very common product and this is an advantage to get parts.

Anyway, your Sherco will not be necessarly more powerful with a little wider diffusor, because YOU control the diffusor area with the throttle. More on, the boot connecting carb and reed cage has 26 mm of diameter, so if you don't touch it, the bigger diffusor will not affect almost.

The best of Keihin is a very clean low end and also a very clean transition to 1/2 throttle, that means a better control on power delivery. As counterpart, it's a very sensitive carb that call for adjustement when weather or altitude changes.

Cheers, JM.

Nigel,

I ran the Active reeds in my '01 bike, seemed smooth on the bottom with a strong mid range, have not tried the Boysen product.

The late production '03 bike that I currently have has the new ignition and seemed to be (as the '04's) very powerful and quick. First thing I did was retard the timing to settle it down a bit. Also helps starting (less or no kickback) and less prone to stalling at low revs.

I rode Wayne t's bike with the PWK and it seemed too much, very precise but also very powerful when you crack her open a bit. May be better with the timing set back a bit, don't know.

David Chaves's bike with the V-force reeds and PWK is really quick and powerful. I could kill myself in a hurry on it!

I really wish they made a (true) 200cc bike! Oh Well! For now, i am still spoiled with the big low end torque of the 2.9!

Still seems to me though, the smoothest ones were the '00 model 2.5's!

Cheers :lol:

Does anyone have a Boyseen part number for a 2002 2.9? I contacted them by e-mail but they just suggested tracing the existing ones and sending the trace in for a match. I really liked what their reeds did for my old Gas Gas.

Yes I think its 565 or 656 will checheck later.

Copemech, I had an early 04 and I'm not sure that the later 04's are the same ignition at all. Would disagree about the torque as this ones the best so far, and its not retarded.

Bear in mind Jarvis has a Dellorto now not a Kehin.

Nigel, I've just got back from the TW open day where Graham was there doing some trick riding and a little demo on what he and bike can do , when I was looking at his own bike he has put Keihin back on

G.RASP

I thought he had the dellorto on at sheffield, which may be an indoor/outdoor variation, but I'd have thought it should be the other way.Wonder if that was a blipp with the dellorto, I always asumed a kehin was better for the big stuff.

Boysens just seem to make the bike run cleaner all through the rev range.

I checked the Boyesen site and they show no 565 but do have a 656 for the following.

Model Product Name+ Manufacturer Buy Now Price

656 Power Reeds :: 125 (4 petal) Cagiva - MX $34.95

656 Power Reeds :: WXC125 : 94-96 Husqvarna - MX $34.95

656 Power Reeds :: WXE125 : 1994 Husqvarna - MX $34.95

Are these the ones? I would think 125MX reeds would be much bigger.

Thanks

Thanks! Beta Techno sounds closer in size. I wonder why they do not list the Sherco.

Model Product Name+ Manufacturer Buy Now Price

665 Power Reeds :: 125 (3 petal) Cagiva - MX $23.00

665 Power Reeds :: 50 PRO L.C. : 01-04 KTM - MX $23.00

665 Power Reeds :: 65SX : 98-04 KTM - MX $23.00

665 Power Reeds :: Techno 250 Beta - MX $23.00

Graham and Sam Connor are both running the Keihin on their bikes at Duluth. Sam's carb and jets were confiscated at the Detroit airport, Sam is using David Chaves carb for the event. The Detroit lost and found have found Sam's carb and parts and have sent them to RYP.

Wayne