Acu Give Youth A Raw Deal

ysb

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COLIN,

HOW DO OTHER FEDERATIONS DO THIS? THEY MUST HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS AS YOURSELVES WHEN FIXING DATES.

DO YOU HAVE MUCH CONTACT WITH THEM?

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THEY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS AS US EVERY YEAR, SO NICK HEANES SUGGESTION MAY WORK IF ALL OTHER COUNTRIES ARE STRUGGLEING.

I REALISE THAT PUTTING THIS IN PLACE WOULD BE A HUGE UNDERTAKING AND ALOT OF WORK BUT IT MAY BE WORTH ALOOK.

Right guy's - I really do have to concentrate on a few other things for next few day's so will try to update situation for you as of today.

In reply to Nigel's latest post - Yes the combination of FIM & UEM are more or less as you have stated - but can vary.

Often a UEM runs on Sat & World on Sunday - but not always -,as some UEM events will sometimes " strand alone" - and of course so will FIM ones. FIM and UEM Commissions determine this.

Obviously UEM Ladies & Youth events include quite a lot of our riders

FIM Youth events include quite a lot of our riders

We often then think the UEM and FIM adult events should not affect our Youth A - but both contain Junior Cups - and no-one needs me to tell them how well Brit lads have done in these so they are important.

The lower age limit is 16 - and as our Youth A in Britain go on well past that date in some cases - they ride in these.

So I return to the fact that thewhole concept needs to be looked at - and I outlined all this in my last post.

I take on board the fact hat there may be very limited riders ie Jack who wil go to Japan/USA - possibly Norway - and this may help - but I am not all that keen on this as a solution as it is rather quick fix - and it will only be a matter of time before we are back in same boat - and while we of course tend to know the current riders - who knows who is coming along - and I would be reluctant to disadvantage someone - who perhaps we had missed out. I would prefer us to get a good system agreed and stick to it - and this will be the basis for discusion at Forum

Now - to 2008.

I believe we now have in place 5 rounds - with suitable dates.

The problem of Youth A & B trials week after week - now only really affects 3 clubs.

These 3 clubs have been contacted - and 14 alternative dates are available - although it must be said that some of these are well away from their original application .

If the clubs concerned can move to any of these dates - they will be included in 2008

If they cannot - probably becuse of land issues etc - I am afraid they will have to drop out of 08 Champ calendar

If none of the 3 can find an alternative date - probably just 1 will be selected - trying to use a fair method - such as who did/did not run a round last year / rotational etc. The unsucessful two will obviously have to be remebered for priority next year if we move to a rotational system.

After this - if there are still less than 8 rounds - all other applicants in 2007 - will be offered a chance to run on these 14 dates - but this will ned to be accomplished in days - not weeks.

After this - the Championship will be finalised with the number of rounds in place - even if it is only 6.

Thanks for all the debate - there are many good ideas - including the running on Saturday one - even if for just a few rounds ( but of course that option has always really been there for Clubs.)

Al points that have been made have been noted - and will be taken on board - and in T & E delibertaions for a better system in future - easily said I know - but we will be trying to find a solution.