Trials Insurance For Those Who Just Ride Off-road

beta bodger

I am thinking about getting some insurance for my trails bike as a few have been pinched around here recently.

I dont ever ride the bike on the road and its delared sorn.

A few options:

Get it insured under my house insurance..but not sure if this would cover me if a gang kicked me off it whilst out???

Investigate how much it would cost with an insurance company.

The problem I have is is it worth it? and what comapanies should i try for a quote?

The bike is probably worth 2 grand

I know because I tried that you will have difficulty getting it on your house insurance. I had no luck anyway. Can you imagine putting your car on your house insurance. The most it may stretch to is a kids bike if it can be classed as a toy.

try ebike HERE

They've been very cheap for me, both on trials bikes and road bikes.

I am thinking about getting some insurance for my trails bike as a few have been pinched around here recently.

I dont ever ride the bike on the road and its delared sorn.

A few options:

Get it insured under my house insurance..but not sure if this would cover me if a gang kicked me off it whilst out???

Investigate how much it would cost with an insurance company.

The problem I have is is it worth it? and what comapanies should i try for a quote?

The bike is probably worth 2 grand

Hi, you cannot get a trials bike under house insurance as it is a motor vehicle - you could get a

• 2 weeks later...

the girl stated that you are definitely not covered for travelling to/from practice grounds.

This is misleading then:

http://www.carolenash.com/offroad/offroad.asp

I quote from their site - "The policy covers the vehicle at home, at a professionally organised racetrack or practice ground and whilst in transit."

curious............

Edited by Beta Bodger

• 4 months later...

See my reply in the other insurance thread.... should you loose your bike (god forbid), you will also have your car and/or van insurance loaded at renewal. Even thought it appears not to be, it is still treated as a motor vehicle policy in every sense of the word.

This also means that they could argue you didn't show a duty of care should your bike be taken from you out on the trail.... bit like they do with confidence tricksters and opportunists.