4rt

nigel dabster

Not really interested in bling and spray jobs, but I do like the idea of whats good to alter/ easier to work on.

A friend of mine is thinking of trying to sort his a bit what would peps suggest??

Heard a sherco rear brake is good, perce said you need a bashplate, anything else worth the effort?

I thought you were a gas gas man? So why would you be interested in 4rt modifications, are you going to the dark side?

Never mind that - I'm just stunned that Dabster has a friend :D

I am a friend of Mr Dabster! It's not my 4RT he's talking about so that makes at least two friends he's got then! :guinness:

Big John

as Perce says, sump shields are useless as are footrests some say hangers bend too easily too but depends on how much rockery you ride.

I like to put higher bars on i find the standard ones a little low

I left the gearing standard and the clutch and i find both are fine.

Start from cold no throttle and let warm up start warm no throttle, start warm in gear a touch of throttle. Decent gearbox oil is a good mod too.

As soon as you get it, err sorry as soon as your friend gets his change the bolts on the front disc guard for hex heads

as Perce says, sump shields are useless as are footrests some say hangers bend too easily too but depends on how much rockery you ride.

I like to put higher bars on i find the standard ones a little low

I left the gearing standard and the clutch and i find both are fine.

Start from cold no throttle and let warm up start warm no throttle, start warm in gear a touch of throttle. Decent gearbox oil is a good mod too.

As soon as your friend gets his change the bolts on the front disc guard for hex heads

Thanks.

Will tell him about the bolts.

Are hangers rear set?

As above, the year of the bike makes a difference as Montesa have improved things.

All years - fit a VMar type chain guard on the front sprocket, this stops a jumped chain from bunching up then smashing the timing cover (Windlestone how did you forget that???) Best

Edited by GII

can't believe i forgot about the v mar chain guard, after smashing the case and pushing back to the car.Thanks Gordon.

I haven't put rear set footrest hangers on, as i think it will put more pressure on my wrists, back. Which was the whole point of higher bars , to stop arm pump. I put thicker grips on too but thats just personal preference