Scorpa 125 4st Just Aquired

vinnied

The Plug is the style of an Honda 50, it is for a road going bike. at the moment she has a sooty plug, i am going up the plug heat range first rather than go the carb route, If the 6 or 5 does not work then on to the carb

Vinnie

Did you change the plug range Vinnie? I got a 125 Scorpa too and it's sooty also, runs fine but wondered if you had any results yet.

Hi Ishy

Bob is aquiring both NGK CR6HSA or NGK CR5HSA and we are going to try both

the first thing i think i would do is sump shield it needs to be modified on both sides.

I purchased an Yamaha workshop manual for the engine very detailed, going to look if gearing can be changed very low 1st????

Vinnie :(:D

Completely agree on the sump guard extensions.

I fitted mine (made from 6mm aluminium, fabricated and bolted on both sides) a good while ago, after clattering the casings on a rock at a trial. They have loads of knocks and scratches on now, so obviously do the job.

Easier to replace than casings !!!!

John.

I'm looking into altering the gearing (currently 11 / 57)

The last trial i rode at Hawkstone park (all hills) i did it all in first gear!!

Mark

Marky the bike i have has 10/50, first still very low dont know why this combination was put on,

Did you do anything with front M/Guard they are very short at back even with a flap

Vinnie

I have done all the mods to mine that are suggested on the www.bjracing.com site.

The clutch mod is a must and the complete kit makes the clutch spot on, but if that's too spendy, go with the lever and cable that makes just about right without the expense of the new plates.

A 1.7 pilot makes starting much easier , I found I then had a flat spot if I wick it on real quick, need to mess with the idle and air screw a bit.

The rear pipe mod is a must.

I also put the CR5HSA plug in.

The little bike is running/riding very well and is a lot of fun to ride, I'm not going to bother with the bigger CC kit.

I think it's a perfect entry level bike, but needs to be priced lower if they want to get more entry level riders on them.

It does show that the next generation of four strokes will be up to the job and I have my claim in with RYP for a Sherco 4T as soon poss, rumor has it that the bike will make it's appearance at the Swiss world round 4th of Sept.

I'm looking into altering the gearing (currently 11 / 57)

The last trial i rode at Hawkstone park (all hills) i did it all in first gear!!

Mark

Marky the bike i have has 10/50, first still very low dont know why this combination was put on,

Did you do anything with front M/Guard they are very short at back even with a flap

Vinnie

Hi Vinnie,

Not looked at ther front guard, but I agree it is rarther short.

Havn't had chance to alter the gearing yet, I rode it last weekend at our local South Shropshire Trial and I really enjoyed it :D , It feels much better now the motor is starting to loosen up a bit....still riding nearly all the sections in first gear :hyper: , I'm going to wait until the motor is run in before I decided about the gearing change.

The little Scorpa is amazing me just how well it grips in bottom gear, I think one of it's strong points is how the motor will just rev and rev, seems to rev harder than a Honda TLR that I was in the company of (the owner of the Honda said mine sounded like a 500 Ariel after I'd done the pipe mod).

I've changed the oil three times with Castrol GTX for now, I'll switch over to fully Synth oil when I think it's run in.

The clutch on mine is fine after I made the actuating arm longer, my Alloy tank has sprung a slight leak so I'm using the std one for now.....no problems either with the back tubed tyre that some folk said were crap, I swear by IRC tyres, so that was the first thing that went on instead of the std Michelin.

laters

Problem is Marky if you gear it down to help with 2nd are you gonna make 1st useless ???  I guess that's the problem with a road bike engine.

I know what your saying Steve, I was going to go the other way and make first gear more like second (12 teeth on the G/Box instead of 11).

I'll leave it now for a few months and see how the motor loosens up before I make the plunge,......... a local pre 65 rider was saying that a chap he knows has got a TYS125 (peter gaunt I think he said his name was) he's going down the route of actually altering the internal gearbox cogs to make it better.

I've heard of Mr Gaunt in TMX and the like, I'd love to get hold of his number if anybody knows it? I'd love to speak to him and see what he thinks of the bike.

:hyper:

[quote name=steve

I've heard of Mr Gaunt in TMX and the like' date=' I'd love to get hold of his number if anybody knows it? I'd love to speak to him and see what he thinks of the bike.

:hyper:[/quote]

We have tried to contact him for weeks, no go

Vinnie