Scorpa 125 4st Just Aquired

vinnied

just aquired an 125 started striping it down having a look.

Pictures on gallery http://www.trialscentral.com/gallery/displ...cat=10042&pos=0

Does anybody know what yamaha bike this engine comes from, Reason, looking for manual for engine Model No. Yamaha 125 E355E No. on Barrell 5HH00

Plug in bike Standard NGK CR7HSA. I think the same as Honda 50

is it possible to get NGK CR6HSA or NGK CR5HSA

Vinnie :(:D<_<<_<

Edited by Vinnied

Haynes do a manual, it cover not just the TTR 125 but loads of other models and engine size's.

Haynes Manual number = 2350

You can order it straight from there website (which I've forgotton the url to, but Google will find it ;-).

Hope you like it :(

The Plug is the style of an Honda 50, it is for a road going bike. at the moment she has a sooty plug, i am going up the plug heat range first rather than go the carb route, If the 6 or 5 does not work then on to the carb

Vinnie

If there is a plug in a trials bike that does not have an equvalent road going one the I havn't heard of it. The old sherpas had the same as a morris 1000 so I suppose that makes them wrong? A plug should surely be right if its sooty it may well be because the mixture is a little rich and / or you are running it in???

Check with Scorpa before any damage is done if I were you. Crosser will know what's right. :(

Doing a bit of wheeling and dealing this weekend, I ended up with 125 Scorpa that some fellow had bought and didn't like, I'm guessing the bike has less than an hour on it, and being the race model with all the nice parts on it I bought it as the price was right.

Took her out this morning and give it the full meal deal on my own sections that I normally ride on my Sherco 2.9.

After a while I got the message, the clutch is on off and I can't do bugger all with it, so will be calling BJ for the kit first thing Monday.

everything else ten out of ten for the little bike, rev her up and dump the clutch and she will go up owt, suspension felt spot on front and rear both ends really easy to hop, and cos the clutch needs adjusting I rode as much as I could without using it, I know I could ride in our club events on one and it would be well up to the job.

I can't wait for the more powerfull fourstrokes to hit the showrooms, this little bike handle's like any modern bike, I did buy it to sell on, but after a good test ride, I think I'll keep it for my kid when he is a bit bigger, untill then I'm going to ride the heck out of the thing.

Ishy, what did you think of the gearing? I think mine is too low in first gear and second gear is too high for standing start pull offs up a hill (if you know what i mean).

I'm looking into altering the gearing (currently 11 / 57)

The last trial i rode at Hawkstone park (all hills) i did it all in first gear!!

I reckon a 250 version would be spot on, the only thing I can really fault with the 125 you do have to rev the thing to make her go.

Mark

After a while I got the message, the clutch is on off and I can't do bugger all with it, so will be calling BJ for the kit first thing Monday.

Interesting...I just taught a kid to ride his new TTR 125 Yamaha, and I was very surprised that, for an entry-level bike, the clutch was like an on/off switch.

On the Clutch issue, I have an MSR easy clutch fitted that I got from the states. Dirt cheap, well made and works well.

Still a bit grabby when doing really tight turns, but hey, I lose a lot more marks by my crap riding rather than the clutch !!

Marky, ref gearing... I found the same. In my first few trials I thought it revved out too much in first, and second was a tad too high.

I resisted messing withe the gearing though, just did the exhaust mod (to grind out the 6mm bars) - this gave it a bit more poke, and basically I just rev the a*** off it.

It takes forever - like months ! - to loosen the engine up - mines loads better now, but I've had the bike since last November !

I do only use it every other week for a trial though.

Tell you what mind, graded hill climbs, peg it in second, hang off the back and smile when you get further than the 290's, 280's 300's etc - CLASS !!

cheers

John.

Spoke to my local dealer today (Steve Goode) RE: the gearing, he said it was a common moan and Scorpa were aware of it.

He thinks Talon do a 59 T back sprocket, he was saying the gearbox sprocket is already small (11 T), I did try and get in touch with Scorpa UK via email but no Joy.

I would have a guess and say the Yamaha engine has still the gearing of the 'road going' TTR, thats why the Scorpa has a massive back sprocket and a tiny front one.

I'll post my findings if I can get hold of a Talon.

Mark