Bernie Schreiber Sighting!

sectionone

On the Todo Trial site, www.todotrial.com on the Clasico section, there is a news story that Bernie will riding at an event in Spain next year along with a recent photo of him. The english translation is not so clear but it says he's in good shape from mountain biking so I guess he's going to be riding this vintage event. Maybe someone who speaks Spanish can translate better. It's been a long time since I've heard anything about USA's only World Champ. Has he ever ridden in the US in the last 20 years? From what I know, since retiring, he stayed in Europe, married the sister of another European world round rider, and switched from motorcycles to mountain biking.

On the Todo Trial site, www.todotrial.com on the Clasico section, there is a news story that Bernie will riding at an event in Spain next year along with a recent photo of him. The english translation is not so clear but it says he's in good shape from mountain biking so I guess he's going to be riding this vintage event. Maybe someone who speaks Spanish can translate better. It's been a long time since I've heard anything about USA's only World Champ. Has he ever ridden in the US in the last 20 years? From what I know, since retiring, he stayed in Europe, married the sister of another European world round rider, and switched from motorcycles to mountain biking.

I think the last I heard he was living in France and didn't he marry Eddy Lejeune or Therry Michaud's Sister or something? I know he was deep into mountain biking and may have designed some bikes but I understand he had a Trials school and was involved in writing the book, "Observed Trials". It sure would be nice to see him again, the Master of the floating turn. I first met Bernie and his Dad at Donner in 1974 (he won the World Championship 5 years later) when he was a teenage squirt and at that age he was remarkable. We kept bugging him to show us how it did the things he did, but he didn't know exactly what he did, he said "just did them".

I'm sure he married Gilles Burgats sister.

the book he did was excellent, although I can t do some of those things now and I've been trying for 25 years !!

I think you might be correct there Baldilocks I thought it was Burgat's sister he married.

I am sure he will be riding at the Madrid Sotobike Club's Robregordo Classic Trial 24/25 May 2008. Hopefully on a nice Bultaco Sherpa!

Big John

Edited by Big John

I think you might be correct there Baldilocks I thought it was Burgat's sister he married.

I am sure he will be riding at the Madrid Sotobike Club's Robregordo Classic Trial 24/25 May 2008. Hopefully on a nice Bultaco Sherpa!

Big John

The prof strikes again, it was Burgat's sister..

Yes, Bernie married Gilles Burgats sister Yannick and they live in South of France somewhere. I spent a fair bit of time with Bernie in 1987 in the states as we were team mates at Fantic USA. He had come over to ride the Nationals and put on his trials schools all across North America. I was lucky enough to get to know him quite well over that time. I remember seeing a picture of him sometime ago riding a downhill mountainbike that was made from a TYZ frame and suspension.

cheers, Steve

I think the last I heard he was living in France and didn't he marry Eddy Lejeune or Therry Michaud's Sister or something? I know he was deep into mountain biking and may have designed some bikes but I understand he had a Trials school and was involved in writing the book, "Observed Trials". It sure would be nice to see him again, the Master of the floating turn. I first met Bernie and his Dad at Donner in 1974 (he won the World Championship 5 years later) when he was a teenage squirt and at that age he was remarkable. We kept bugging him to show us how it did the things he did, but he didn't know exactly what he did, he said "just did them".

i last saw bernie at aparty for south thames valley club in the 80s i talk to him for a time he such a nice guy,his best pal was bert thorne the boss of commorfords if you got in touch with bert thorne or jock wilson 02083911591 jock would have berts phone number they will tell you were he is liveing and how he is,regards colin

Hi all: As a member of Sotobike Motoclub I can confirm Bernie Schreiber will be racing next Robregordo Two Days Classic Trial 2008 on the 24 & 25 May. He will use a Bultaco Sherpa 199A from Carlos Bosch prepared by Puma Racing, a former Bultaco

Bernie Schreiber.

He sure inspired me to want to be a good Trials rider. I love that Trials era when everything went forward non stop and Bultacos were the order of the day!

Unfortunately life got in the way of my practice over the decades.

I was just getting the hang of it when the rules changed to stop and back up...

Edited by Mr Clean