Tire Rubbing Against Exhaust Pipe

husky71

I have an '07 TXT 300 Pro and had noticed that the tire was rubbing against the exhaust pipe.

This weekend while riding in my first trials event I noticed that one of the other guys I was riding with had his pipe worn through by the tire. I took another look at mine and sure enough it had worn through sometime between when I unloaded it off the truck and later that day.

What's the fix for this?

I'm thinking I'll just weld on an aluminum plate over the hole and then see if I can reposition the pipe.

How common is this problem?

Very common, bad design, the 2002 was bad, then I remember looking at the amazing fix on the 2003 where they got a mallet and dented the silencer in. Seems to have stayed the same since.

It still rubbed, surprise surprise.

I used to stick carbon sheets up the inside, and replace when they got rubbed through. As well as making sure the silencer wasn't bent in against the wheel. Did the trick mostly.

About time GasGas did something with it, like copy the Sherco.

Lay the bike on the floor, stand on the swinging arm, get hold of the exhaust & pull. Always have a sticker or tape on the inside of the exhaust as this is a guide to see if it's rubbing, if it rubs bend it out again.

Lay the bike on the floor, stand on the swinging arm, get hold of the exhaust & pull. Always have a sticker or tape on the inside of the exhaust as this is a guide to see if it's rubbing, if it rubs bend it out again.

Perce..it's a Gasser!!..I've seen the weld on lug of the mid-box crack just by staring at it. :guinness:

Edited by HAM2