Plug Change For Winter?

bobtlr

hey,

the book says ngk CR6EH-9 (standard) ngk CR5EH-9 (optional) i bought the bike in feb and it has the standard plug and worked fine until 2 weeks now sometimes it doesn't rev 100% cleanly still a verry nice bike but it went better during summer.

what plugs do you use and anyone changes when it gets cold/hot?

regards bob

air filter is clean fuel is new i let it run on idle until fan kicks in run on 98 octane fuel (anyone experiance with octane booster/racefuel?)

Edited by bobtlr

You didn't say which 'tesa you have, but my answer would still be the same: It's not your plug affected by the temperature difference, it is your carb jetting. If this concept is new to you, just google "Spanky's Jetting Guide" to get you started.

Regarding your question on octane: I use a 50/50 mix of 93 octane pump gas & 110 octane VP-C12 race fuel in my 2000 Cota 315r. 93 is the highest octane we can get at the pump. Keep in mind this is (RON+MON)/2 octane rating method that's used in USA. Other parts of the world may use a different rating system.

carb settings are critical by Montesa in other weather conditions.

Try your carb.

About the fuel: Mostly I ride with octan 98.

In my old Gas Gas from 1992 and my cota 315 I tried octanbooster for a few times.

It's functional when your bike rides bad, but when your bike rides allright, your bike wouldn't ride better with octan booster.

You didn't say which 'tesa you have, but my answer would still be the same: It's not your plug affected by the temperature difference, it is your carb jetting. If this concept is new to you, just google "Spanky's Jetting Guide" to get you started.

Regarding your question on octane: I use a 50/50 mix of 93 octane pump gas & 110 octane VP-C12 race fuel in my 2000 Cota 315r. 93 is the highest octane we can get at the pump. Keep in mind this is (RON+MON)/2 octane rating method that's used in USA. Other parts of the world may use a different rating system.

idd i forgot quite stupid of me :guinness: i have an 2005 4rt