Commenter Of The Year

city trials

Jive and I were talking and wondered why no one wanted to participate in the top stories of the year. We figured out that's not what people want to talk about. They want to talk gossip and trash. So with that, we'll do something TC readers love to do. Anonymously trash each other. Not being a anon, I'm not allowed to compete. So, I'll do mine as a exhibition.

My "Commenter of the Year" was a choice of four. Mich Lin, Ice Prick, Ringo and Comech.

* Mich started off strong, but quickly got banned for his crazy ideas and name-calling. Plus he really got the website owner mad. This eliminated him from the contest early on.

* Ringo was spotty all year. Shows up for a few days, then gets lost for months on end. He's TC's version of a stray cat.

* Comech. What can we say about him, other than we can always count on a snide, sarcastic remark late at night. One wonders if he's chugging down a bottle of Ron Lee's wine while he's staring at the computer screen with crossed eyes.

Well, that leaves one left. Ice Prick. Ice Prick came on the scene and just tore it up. Everyone wants to know who the little cock is. He's rude and he's elusive and he peppers me with stupid TC private messages. He is the 2007 commenter of the year.

Okay, let's hear for other TC forum users. Who's your commenter of the year?

Edited by City Trials

Hey Craig,

I think Ice whatever is the only anonymous one that you mentioned, we know who the rest are.

Some even figured out who Bama is. We only have a couple people on here that hide behind a name.

They may start out anonymous but most of us know who they are if they've been around a while.

Hey Brian, I've been thinking about you this week. That fancy Sherco front license plate you gave me cost me a 100 buck ticket. The city of chicago recently passed a law saying you couldn't have a plank or vanity style front plate. It has to be the regular plate itself. I forgot about the enforcement dates starting Dec 1st - and got nabbed with a hefty citation. I took it off and it's now on the mantle.

Edited by City Trials

Well I have to say something.

First Lane has been one of my favorite reads. Just didnt like the name calling to our younger riders. He always got it stirred up and a lot he said actually kind of made sence if you took out the crap.

Now the iceprick. He would PM me too trying to p*** me off I guess. He never made much sense to me. I think he lacked attention as a child. I just about miss the guy. I mean he is a good kisser and all.

Copemech is in a catagory all by himself. I have never had so many people come to me at an event and ask who the F is this Copermechy guy. Like I must personaly know him. Never met the guy. Some of his post are off the top funny and others I start to worry about him. The only guy I know who can slur his words while posting.

Ringo is the all time winner in my book. His posts have me rolling on the ground with laughter.

So Craig where does Ringo pick up his award?

Also on my best of 2007. I think this was probally the best year in Trials as far as getting publicity and recognition to the sport.

Edited by No Jive

Copemech is in a catagory all by himself. I have never had so many people come to me at an event and ask who the F is this Copermechy guy.

Mark has ridden with us for years, and people who know him still ask that question!

Some of his post are off the top funny and others I start to worry about him. The only guy I know who can slur his words while posting.

You should worry about him. Very, very worried!

My vote would have to be for Mark, because he is the REAL DEAL! Online, or in person. Not hiding behind an anonymous, (and he slurs like that all the time.) :madnoel:

The only guy the can start a thread, drop it, and then pick it up again (under another thread) like you are supposed to remember what he is on about! We love him in Texas!

Copemech for "Commentor Of The Year"

I'll vote for Mark too (he just sent me some money!) :madnoel:

Hey Craig, and you thought that plate was free! :kerstsmiley:

Clive, I think with a young champ, that we all know will be in the World arena soon

the future looks great. Patrick will get US back in contention for the big boys and lets hope

this time it pushes our youngsters to a high enough level to stay compeditive (lane word)

in the Worlds.

What does it pay?

I have not seen Clive since the friday before the last world round. He was pretty beat up, probably does not remember me coming over to shake his hand.

Remember, I was the one standing in the Sherco pit with Caby and Chaves, trying to speak enough pigeon spanish to get Caby to sign my shirt and David kept using the word loco, trying to help!

What does it pay?

I have not seen Clive since the friday before the last world round. He was pretty beat up, probably does not remember me coming over to shake his hand.

Remember, I was the one standing in the Sherco pit with Caby and Chaves, trying to speak enough pigeon spanish to get Caby to sign my shirt and David kept using the word loco, trying to help!

Mark,

My vote is for you. You are one of the few people who consistantly is able to make me laugh when we're together at a Trial, especially when I get you mad, which is why I consistantly try to do so.

Mark, like me, has a deep, cynical appreciation for the absurd, thus we are constantly finding things of interest happening around us, and it sometimes creeps into our conversations. And yes, in person and in print, he is the "real deal", and you don't have to worry about any hidden agenda. I vote Mark for "Commenter of the Year".

Jon

ps. Mark, I've heard your pigeon spanish, and my guess is that Caby was a little frightened and confused as to what you REALLY wanted signed.

I have enjoyed all of Marks comments, especially the ones he has PMed to me!!! :madnoel: But Ihave to say that he is just a genuine guy who always trys to help out whoever he can on here, which is a nice change sometimes!! Yours truly included. Thanks bud! One of these days I will get back to Texas riding with my son and Ill bring some real beer to share with you!

steve

Comech. What can we say about him, other than we can always count on a snide, sarcastic remark late at night. One wonders if he's chugging down a bottle of Ron Lee's wine while he's staring at the computer screen with crossed eyes.

If you only knew! Did some little birdie tell you that I could'nt hit a boot with an empty wine bottle? :madnoel:

You guys are really starting to embarrass me :madnoel: , next thing you know, I'll have to try to clean up my image, sort of like City Trials, just before Ringo's comments on the E-cross thread blew it for him, he is officially out of the closet now :kerstsmiley:

I thought what happened in Vegas was supposed to, well nevermind. He deserves it!

I have to bow down to Ringo, he has more class than I could ever try to match, better speller too! And there are still others that linger that make me look like the amature that I am. Now if he'll just do that TDN donation competition!

I am just that regular nut, I don't really want to pick on anyone like Iceman(Eric), his hormone level is just too unstable, and I don't want to be the one to push him over the edge, puberty is tough enough, go sniff your finger kid, it's ok.

I really feel like I need to apologise to some others, like Craig, RON, and Ringo for being a jerk at times, but in the absence of others, I do like to keep things interisting on this site. We have lots of famous folks that view this stuff! THAT does it, my future posts will be PURE class! I'll start right now! I'm as happy as a little girl! :wacko: and Big Al has not given me a vote yet, so I need to impress him with my capacity for european culture, since he has seen most of it!