Scottish Pre-65 Entry List

greeves

taking greeves breakdown of nationalities a step further, yorks classic,as surely the countrys biggest p65 club, has the majority of riders (even without several stalwart regulars making the cut..)

it is interesting to see the same number again of yorks classic members entered under other clubs.. a deliberate ploy perhaps to avoid the ''theres too many of them yorkies in it...'' claim

however if they are true yorkshire men i cant see them stumping up twice for club membership...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of certain "comments" that have come to my attention...

Here is a message from "Big John" to Trials Central "Lurkers"! i.e. those that are not members of this site and who obviously browse this website...

Please read carefully my "disclaimer" below! :o

My expressions of interest and comments on motorcycle sport on this or any other website are my personal observations and thoughts and are not necessarily those of the SACU or any other organisation I am a member of (or not as the case may be) or a director of (or not as the case may be).... :shutup:

You have got to be soooooo careful nowadays, I bet John Collins gets this all the time, don't you John?

Kind regards,

Big John

Oh yes, one final point..If the cap fits, wear it!

Do we have a wee TC-lurking "keyboard warrior" taking your comments out of context John?

The SSDT forum was obviously the wrong place to announce the Pre-65 entry list...sorry guys, I'll get it right from now on! On behalf of the P65 organising committee, here's some bits and pieces of information that you may be interested in :

The Route

The Trial route is similar to last year but part of the Friday course will be run in reverse with some new sections included. There will be no change to the severity of the sections.

The Entries

Entries received at the closing date was 318 which is slightly up on last year and despite entries being available for 10 weeks 22 riders still managed to miss the closing date. These riders all got letters telling them that their entry was late and therefore was not included in the ballot. This meant an oversubscription of 138 riders at the closing date who had to be notified as unsuccessful which is regrettable but unavoidable. There were almost 90 Tiger Cubs entered.

Important Note!

The Club would like to emphasize that the rule for the Triumph/BSA four stud forks will be strictly enforced.

I'm just posting this on behalf of the committee...I'm afraid I've got nothing to do with the trial itself so can't answer any questions you may have. However, I will hopefully have more details passed across for publication in the coming weeks, so I'll post them in this forum as and when they arrive.

Cheers! :shutup:

The SSDT forum was obviously the wrong place to announce the Pre-65 entry list...sorry guys, I'll get it right from now on! On behalf of the P65 organising committee, here's some bits and pieces of information that you may be interested in :

The Route

The Trial route is similar to last year but part of the Friday course will be run in reverse with some new sections included. There will be no change to the severity of the sections.

The Entries

Entries received at the closing date was 318 which is slightly up on last year and despite entries being available for 10 weeks 22 riders still managed to miss the closing date. These riders all got letters telling them that their entry was late and therefore was not included in the ballot. This meant an oversubscription of 138 riders at the closing date who had to be notified as unsuccessful which is regrettable but unavoidable. There were almost 90 Tiger Cubs entered.

Important Note!

The Club would like to emphasize that the rule for the Triumph/BSA four stud forks will be strictly enforced.

I'm just posting this on behalf of the committee...I'm afraid I've got nothing to do with the trial itself so can't answer any questions you may have. However, I will hopefully have more details passed across for publication in the coming weeks, so I'll post them in this forum as and when they arrive.

Cheers! :shutup:

What other forum would be appropriate other than Classic?

All the points made from the Pre-65 Scottish committee are quite acceptable IMHO. Definately not good to have 90 Cubs (or any other model for that matter), that would certainly not appeal to the fans that support the event. (I said that before somewhere!)

Big John

Edited by Big John

Good point Big John about variety in the Pre '65 instead of 90 Cubs. Nothing against Cubs coz I've won best Scotsman twice on one and raced one in the Isle of Man......BUT this year I entered a Triumph Twin Matisse and was refused an entry because the Comittee sat round the table and decided they had not heard of a Matisse trials bike and it was not eligible (inside information) even though I have a dating certificate from the Scottish Classic Club!!! :shutup: