Making An Appeal ! For Gasgas Pics

magicmat

Right guys ive been away from the site for along while, and before i was building a bike.

Well i've started building it again because ive moved into a flat with my girlfriend and shes letting me build it in the LOUNGE ! shes mad ! haha :angry:

Right well ive completely rebuilt the engine, bearings, acid dipped barrel etc etc

But im stuck and i need your help, im doing the wiring and the previous monster has played with the wiring, so im appealing to any gasgas owners out there who have a 92-94 bike that could take some photos of the bike for me, the wiring mainly but a comprehensive documentation of the bike would help !

I've got a wiring diagram and a exploded parts list so ive got a good idea how it all goes, but i could do with someone taking the tank off and taking some photos for me. I havnt got the best idea where to bolt the electrical bits. so thought id ask !

** plus the voltage converter only has two cables coming out of it and not a third yellow one for the thermostat, anyone got one laying around?

(previous owners wired fan to always run)

( Brief history father stripped the bike down 5 years ago as we couldnt afford a decent bike, and so i started rebuilding it three years ago but then at my 21 i got a proper year old txtpro, so work kinda slowed down)

So here are the pics that i have, people please add yours ! :rolleyes:

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

the thermostat was by passed so that the fan did run all the time, i now have a new thermostat which i intend to use

im going to set it all up and see if it works anyway, but to show you what im on about, if you look at the diagram below, i am missing the yellow wire that comes out of the ac/dc converter for the the fan which goes to the thermostat, so i may need a new converter.

Just wondered if anyone had one laying around, you never know !

(looking at it i may be able to split the live for the fan across the thermostat, which may fix the situtation, thats probably why the fan use to run before)

Anyway, more advice please and hopefuly some pics ! maybe '95 have the same layout need the headstock !??

Moto90to94.jpg

Edited by Magicmat

Right, i have the photos !

I decided to email people on ebay that had the same bike on me, whether the listing was completed or not !!

emailed 5 people and a bloke replied and added the pics to his advert !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

There just what i needed, His bike seems sound and a good price, check it out ! :shutup:

So now hopefully within a week im going to get it started ! i wont bother with any other bits except the ones that i need to start it ! i just want to here it run before i finish the other parts !

Watch this space !

Edited by Magicmat

Hi guys, so after reading this thread is there supposed to be thermostat on my 95 contact, as my fan runs all the time, but theres no wires to a stat and i havent actually seen one on the bike, is the stat located in the head? or is there not one on the 95 model? Cheers

Right mate,

Mine is 93, and it has a thermostat located in the cylinder head. cant miss it really its like a spark plug ! after that they put the thermostat in the tubing for the radiator. If you look at that ebay pic, the radiator hose above the cylinder you can see the thermostat,

so your thermostat should be t-pieced in, on the top hose going to the radiator. its probably been bypassed mate. Common thing to do rather than spend a tenner on a thermostat.

Hope that helps Matt

Right guys ive been away from the site for along while, and before i was building a bike.

Well i've started building it again because ive moved into a flat with my girlfriend and shes letting me build it in the LOUNGE ! shes mad ! haha :o

In the lounge.....top bird :shutup:

:shutup:

Yeah apparently im only allowed two months tho and then its got to go into the garage ! Ive not got the radiator and most of the electrics in place, just want to start it, the wires for the thermostat have been mangled so im leaving them off for now ! stuff it i wont run the bike for long i just want to hear it go ! then ill start work on the bearings in the swinging arm and front shockers. (altho i cant buy any new bushers for the shocks for love or bloody money!

Mat

Guys im going to try and start it for a minute.

Not anylonger. just want to hear it run. then ill carry on with the boring jobs.

Radiator is on,

most of the wiring, its earthed.

Cylinderhead yada yada.

BUT ive tried kicking it and im not getting a spark.

Used the multimeter and the magneto is giving a reading out. The engine to the frame is earthed. But there is no spark. putting a continuity test between the ht lead and the engine doesnt work. Should it? the paint isnt removed off the fram for a proper earth but ive been doing continuity tests between the engine and the frame and its fine (its earthed on the ignition coil for now)

Am i missing out? or is my coil / ht lead broke?

.. well stuff it ill put some petrol in tomorrow and see what happens ;)

No spark, tried different plugs and nothing.

Getting a current from the magneto, but im not getting anything for the wire to the coil. Ie. after its gone throught the black box. Ive pug the earth connectors on the bolt that holds the coil in. And a continuity test is working between that blot and the engine so im guessing its earthed.

But maybe its not earthed properly. I dont want to scrub the paint off unless i know its the proper place. i remember before it was coated a spot didnt have any paint. Just cant remember which one. Any advice?