Info Needed

sherco pete

after 3 years with sherco ive decided its time for a change and i think beta is the way to go?but the problem is that the stators can be a bit doggie?i have heard this is only the case with the 270 betas?can anybody tell me whether or not this is true as i am planning a 250 and i dont want to hav to be replacing stators ect..also after you replace the stator can or do they go agen?any sensible comments will be appreciated.

cheers very much. :hyper::D

I've heard about a a problem witht he stators from someone with a 270 so I'm assuming it's only 270s. I've been riding my 250 quite a bit and no problems yet, just put gas in it and go. I deffinitely recommend the Beta, maybe it's just my first new bike but I really like it.

-Matt

got a 270 rev 3 2004 used about 20 hours and stator went told it could go again helps if you take fly wheel cover off every time you use it and let it dry out as condensation builds up with the heat inside

I haven't done this to a Beta, but I always vent the mag case to keep it dry.

There's usually enough room in the rubber block that the wires come through to insert a heated metal rod (phillips screwdriver), and, while the rubber is still molten, push through a piece of fuel line or vacuum line, and run it up under the tank somewhere.

Some even spraypaint everything in there to keep it from rusting.

Does this mean we have to call you "Beta Pete" now :hyper::D

Got a 270 never missed a beat. Did SSDT, but prevention is always best so carried a Stator Plate and mag Puller. Never needed it

All bikes have niggling problems the "Jungle Drums" start beating and a niggle turns into a Major Problem. This does not mean that the bike is C**p

A change of bike is aways good at least you feel like the new kid on the block for 2 trials at least :D

I have been told that when people take off the wiring harness, they don't connect the wires correctly, and this has been known to overload the system, best cure for this is! if you don't know what the wires are for, let someone who does do the job.

All electrical wiring systems work on the smoke theory, once you let the smoke out, they no longer work.

:hyper: We have been selling Beta Trials bikes since 1993 - never had any problems with stators or anything else really. - I currently ride a 2004 Rev 270 - still running brilliant after six months of old fart type riding. - Like Ishy says - biggest problem is when people meddle with the wiring and don't know what they are doing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey pete,

ive heard that its only the 270`s that go aswell, i think a new 2005 Beta 250 would be good, if the stator goes youll have the warranty to get it fixed, it is supposedly just a bad batch in the production line, thing is they dont know which ones are the dodgy ones, get a new one with the bike just incase.

gd luck with it all

Chris

Charlie,

Is that tube so the crap can run IN?

:rolleyes:

Only if you've got crap under your tank up by the steering neck...that's where I run mine.

Also, a good hot mag case submerged suddenly in cool water can create a partial vacuum that will suck water right past the seal (fluid dynamics stuff) and into the case.

A vented case will prevent this.

:rolleyes: Has anyone seen or got any info on the 2005 Betas yet??? I've only got snippets so far, apparently more info available in August!!!

Ahh the old Beta Stator debate - I have heard that the Sherco's also have the same problem. No much fuss made about their's failing - interesting!!!!

Kal