Tlr 250 Twin Shock Rebore?

lee harris

A M8 has a TLR250 and the bore is at its wear limit. A WES Piston is 70,5mm, that means 0,5mm oversize but the liner is very very thin - after boring it will only be 0,80mm thick in the wall!!! . Any suggestions on either where to get a new piston and liner fitted...where are the original pistons, honda havent got anymore or, anybody got experience of the WES piston? I have been told the skirt is too long or it is too heavy. Ideas???

A M8 has a TLR250 and the bore is at its wear limit. A WES Piston is 70,5mm, that means 0,5mm oversize but the liner is very very thin - after boring it will only be 0,80mm thick in the wall!!! . Any suggestions on either where to get a new piston and liner fitted...where are the original pistons, honda havent got anymore or, anybody got experience of the WES piston? I have been told the skirt is too long or it is too heavy. Ideas???

rebore really not possible, with mine I looked at a liner replacement because I couldn't get a piston either. In the end a very light hone of the barrel and new rings seemed to do the trick

Hi all....

I have a 250 which I recently got a piston from Paul Cook (T&T), it be worth getting the head and base gasket from him as well, as these are becoming harder to get hold of too, I had my 250 re-lined and for me it's the only way to go.......... because there's hardly any liner to begin with reboring you risk the chance of cracking/flairing the bottom.

It be worth not to just trying to get away with re-lining the cylinder as its just as important to replace the piston as the skirt on the piston wears too. (known as piston slap)

Other suppliers of RTL/TLR bits are

http://www.lewisportusa.com/Images/restora...build_parts.htm

http://www.econohonda.co.nz/honda_motorcycle_parts.html

just finished my 250 last week, not run up yet just waiting on one part..

P1180032a1.jpg

P1180030a.jpg

Cheers

Simon

Edited by 250TLR
  • Like 1