199b Photos

hewson

I know side stands are unavailable at the moment, but doesn't Dave Renham do seats for 199B?

Big John

edited to add;

Nice Sherpa, well done! Pity you used a Sammy brake pedal, the alloy originals look better (IMHO)

Edited by Big John

I know side stands are unavailable at the moment, but doesn't Dave Renham do seats for 199B?

Big John

edited to add;

Nice Sherpa, well done! Pity you used a Sammy brake pedal, the alloy originals look better (IMHO)

Think It's because they wanted the control pedals transposed to "Classic British" type layout. Just down to what you're used to i suppose?

I agree with you BJ and have kept the alloy std r/h brake pedal on mine, doesnt seem to bother me swaping from l/h to r/h so perhaps i'm lucky, but wish i could stop the kickstart hitting the arm of the gear lever :thumbup:

Nice resto BTW although the rivet counters will be on soon with "advice". tank, torque arms etc :D

Just use it and enjoy ;)

Think It's because they wanted the control pedals transposed to "Classic British" type layout. Just down to what you're used to i suppose?

I agree with you BJ and have kept the alloy std r/h brake pedal on mine, doesnt seem to bother me swaping from l/h to r/h so perhaps i'm lucky, but wish i could stop the kickstart hitting the arm of the gear lever :thumbup:

Nice resto BTW although the rivet counters will be on soon with "advice". tank, torque arms etc :D

Just use it and enjoy ;)

OTF, Rivet counting coming up...

Bultaco did a near side brake pedal in alloy fitted to earlier models before the switch to right side braking (a US requirement), I have a couple here that I will use on my 199B's but as the Dabster bike has a special swinging arm (al la Comerfords) the standard pedal will not fit as it's too long. Fitting the brake to the nearside or leftside and shifter to right, gives a much more positive "feel" to the rear brake (right Snr. Greeves?)

As for the tank that's the UK alloy version absolutely correct for a UK spec 199B as Comerfords had them made for the job, so's the bike could be used in the SSDT and UK road based trials. EEU and home Spanish versions had the plastic (and later fiberglass) tanks fitted.

Big John

Hi big john ,yeah the miller pedals are rubbish,job to sort out another day .Are the side stands loads different on the 199a? .

Yes indeed Hewson. The 199A has a different mounting, it goes inside the bracket on the swingarm, the 199B has a clevis mount which fits around the outside of the bracket on your bike, see catalogue shot attached! The 199B has a much more snaked appearance and the foot is a final "swage" of the tubing.

Come on Legs..get some proper 199B side stands knocked up, I'll buy a couple off you!!!!

Warning, the Bultaco shown is not fitted with the UK spec alloy fuel tank for the purists and rivet counters out there, but is fitted with the headlight mask and rear light!

Big Johnpost-26-1200834183.jpg

Edited by Big John

OOOOPs bow to your superior knowledge Obiwan :wall: Mine must be an import then :D never mind.

Didnt know you'd bought Dabsters old ride?

Live and learn ;)

Groveller! :wub:

I bought one of his Bultos if that's what you mean, haven't met Dabster's better half yet!!!! Oooppss, shouldn't have said that, pardon! :thumbup:

Big John