Tlm 50 ?

g14gav

I think the picture of fast eddy at the scottish is from 86. If i remember rightly he was sixteen at the time, dont know if he finnished, i believe he had two different front sprockets with him, one for the sections and one for the road. His brother was saunders mechanic, so the bike might have been trick. The boy in the pic working on the bike looks like john shirt jr ? if anyone has any info on tlm 50`s i would be grateful to hear from you on this page.

• 3 years later...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi thanks for sharing this pic. The liquid cooled motor looks like its out of a honda mtx 80, but they do have a weak gearbox and a very revvy, peaky power delivery.I bet you notice the difference in power to stock 50 though! Its nice to see a few more of these little bikes about. Ive owed mine for about four years now and done a few mods to improve it,and it always puts a smile on my face.Every section is big time!.Im currently building a big bore motor hoping to get alot more cc,s. Will keep you posted if anyones interested?

Im currently building a big bore motor hoping to get alot more cc,s. Will keep you posted if anyones interested?

Yes please chef, i would be interested to hear how your getting on, how far into it are you, are you using the original engine, how many cc's are you looking for.

• 4 months later...

hi bilco, sorry for the delay. the motor is coming along well. I started off with different cases, [which still fit straight in.] different crank, barrel and head, all modded to fit. still running 5 speed box, its still air cooled and Honda. 113cc at the mo with room for a bit more. the exhaust and inlet manifold will take some time but its getting there. dont know what carb to fit. might run 22 mm pwk rep. if it runs I hope it holds together. will let you know when it runs? all the best. fatchef.

• 3 months later...

hello. have got the (big) motor together and running, could not get 113 cc. but ended up with 100cc. the exhaust was tricky, but the inlet manifold and air box was straight forward. ended up with a larger Honda carb.and to my amazement it started second kick and carbertes well. The power is better than I expected. it pulls well through the rev range, but does not rev right out. possibley main jet or I did leave the large washer in the fat part of the front pipe.im guessing its about 10bhp. fingers crossed it will hold together, only time will tell. still needs a little bit of finishing, but has turned out far better than I was excepting and still looks standard. well pleased. will get some pics as soon as ive borrowed a camera.

• 10 months later...

Hi there

Just got my son a TLM and was looking for the big bore option.

I know Peter Gaunt has 62cc in his.

What is the best option for a little more cc's ? I'm looking for something relatively simple

cheers

John