Fantic 240 , Gremlins?

troutrader1

Hi all

I am looking at buying a fantic 240, can anyone tell me if they know any problems or dramas they have had or heard. I own a few twinshocks and am looking for something a that will put up with modern style riding, a clutch that works, engine that can handle modern style reving and stresses.

I am sure that this will be interesting topic?

:rolleyes: It's just a moody Italian redhead .... probably (IMHO) one of the highest build quality bikes I've ever owned or seen... But ! The ignitions are getting old , they love fresh top ends , they eat swingarm shafts (without minor mods) , they crack frames right behind the headstock , and they have fantastic engines , like a motocrosser w/abit to much torque !

Mine has falcons , WES progresive front springs , 200 top clamps , trialcast pegs ,(the stock ones are nasty) and more time in it than I can spend , but it will stop and hop and leap tall buildings in a single bound !!! I want a new 4t ,but will never ever let lose of my fantic !

And I've done some spirited trail riding on it and my buddies with big xr's and yammers can never beleive it's only 212cc ...

Glenn

post-1232-1202178067.jpg

Edited by axulsuv

i fink its prob able the best of the bunch. the 200 woz great but no pokey enuff for my lardy mass. the 300 was wizzo but a bit of an oil tanker if you have to do any turns. Parts are mostly availabe although clutch baskets and kickstart gears are getting scarce without needing dentures. Electrics can be rewound, the tanks are being remade and the seats can be homemade at a push. Marzocchis are lush and the handling can be tightened up if you want the experts to go at it with a grinder.

i now have 4 left,one with a 243 engine, one has a 303, and 2 have 305 motors in the making. Section forks etc but still wid drums

luv em to bits me...but i like wes silencers as well

lee

Hi Steve,

WES is in Brecon, lower mid wales? I use his springs in the 240 and 300 forks I have. They are very soft and quite short, you will need to make spacers to pre-load them to what you want. I found them better on the 300 than the 240 forks. I find the travel luvverly and soft, and , er , well, progressive. My mate thinks they are horrible.......

Give him a cal first as I am not sure if he sell retail to the public. If your mate mentions my name itz might hgelp....or he may get kicked out!

HTH

Lee

Jeremy Richard Walker, WES

+44 (1874) 623030

Unit 11

Ffrwdgrech Ind. Est.,

Brecon

Powys

LD3 8LA

:rolleyes: Steve , The folks at B&J racing in TN. , got me the fork springs, Bob tells me I've got the heaviest ones he could get...

I have 2 sets of oe springs , one short and the other long ? But the wes's are 1/2' longer than the short ones . after some binding issues I created ., a 2 inch spacer of pvc w/flat washers on the spring side to keep the spring from eating into the plastic , They work GREAT !

My front and rear compress evenly with my weight , They can take hard hits w/out bottoming hard and you don't notice the small stuff anymore ! Great improvement over stock !

Glenn

Hi Glenn, I can syparthise with you as far as distance is concerned. I will drive neraly 800 miles at easter to ride the exmoor. At least its three days.

In sommer I will do it again to northen england for the sun inn classic trial, again 3 days. But once you finish after all that....feels good as long as the fanny hold up and you brake nothin!

:crying: Yeah Lee , it's the only hurdle left in my quest to ride more events... My average trials weekend has to be 4 days long and useally consists of about 2000 miles of driving , round trip ! The moment I can afford to , I plan to move to the middle of TN. , for totaly selfish reasons !!!! But there are some Great school districts there too for my young ones ...

Glenn :beer: And the First event in the STRA schedule will be the closest one yet ! only about 600 mile round trip !