Off Season Training

jreilly

copemech Posted Yesterday, 10:38 PM

Snowbirds! Look at that snow, that is just sick! It was about 80f here today!

And if I had to say, someone needs to tell Biff not ot put the whole bike in the powdercoat oven! It seems kinda harsh on the rest of the plastics and gas tank! It could explode!

Yes, snow it happens.

The plastics are covered with a vinyl decal sheet actually made for RC car bodies. This particular graphic is black background with grey "carbon fiber" skulls. The decal has taken much abuse and needs to be changed to something else skull or death related. (but no $$ left in budget for making it look good.) I figure why fight it that bike is gonna kill me sooner or later.

Gotta admit I love to see that Miata pulling a trailer with trials bikes on it. It's a one of a kind.

Back on the off season training thing. I am actually started "working out" on an Arc trainer (think stair stepper crossed with an elliptical) and some weight machines. I think I have picked ones that mimic the motions of trials. Arm and Leg motions. I am also trying to improve my cardiovascular and pulmanary longevity. We shall see how well it works and how long I actually continue to do it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm spending my weekends with my trials bike, practicing. (competed in February in 2 fun events, on Sunday 3/2 the first real event takes place). Unfortunately I got a bad cold, what did not contribute in a very positive way to my riding skills- but what a good excuse for bad results!! :P

Here a picture of the website of the MSC Dreckenach, Germany from February 2008

http://www.msc-dreckenach.de/bilder/2008.0...eb_img_6988.jpg

@Michigan Trials riders: haven't seen any snow since I left Detroit...

I'd love to see pictures of Pat's Monty when it's done! Maybe you should train Loui (cat) to finish the polishing when you guys are at work... :rotfl:

Take care and keep your feet on the pegs! ;)

The German chick

Biff,

Again I would like to say thanks.

To see more thanks to Biff Check out the 2.9 torque specs topic in Sherco forum. Look at last Zippy post on page 2.

(I couldn't get the link thingy to work)

Wow a video of me staying ON the bike. :rotfl:

Dang that bike sounds so much better, and looks good too.

Here the link to said thread:

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/index....15&start=15

MARTINA!!!!

Louie did a great job polishing pats frame. Tonight it gets 100% checked over and tomorrow we drive it off to Brandenburgs for delivery to Florida.

The video is not that great but here it is on sunday. All shiny and new ish.

--Biff

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...