A Message From John Cleese

kinell

Despite the differences in sport between the US and the rest of the world, it's good to know that one of the most ancient of pastimes still unites us. Fishing is the same the world over right?

Whether in China, France, Britain or the good old US of A it's one sport that we could all sit on the same river bank like civilised human beings.

Family fishing trip

When I worked for a compressor manufacturing company in Broken Arrow Oklahoma a couple of the guys in the shop invited me to go noodling for catfish. I thought I might accept their invitation until a week later when riding my bicycle, I saw a large shape at the bottom of the creek behind the house, it turned out to be a snapping turtle which was about 36" from tail to nose. Later at the barbershop in Coweta, OK the barber had a picture of a snapping turtle that his son had shot with a bow and arrow which measured 44" from head to tail, its head was 6" wide and its mouth was big enough to bite your hand off. From that point forward I decided to fish from the shore with the water moccasins and cotton mouths.

DFW

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical amercian sterotypical response :moon: Give me a car with Horsepower! Big horsepower and that is all that matters. pffffff

You dont get a kick out of it because in European terms .. that car is S-L-O-WWwWwWwwW.

Here's a British built car (with a Honda engine) that has just 300hp and will absolutely pi$$ all over that viper. Its called... The Ariel Atom

And just watch this vid for the proof

I have just bought one of these Audi S5 - See how it goes round corners ;) ( and it's not even as good as an R8 ) - The Bang & Olufsen sound system is pretty good as well :P

Vorch Sprung Dorch Technik !

Now that Ariel looks like a nice fun ride, if you live in Arizona where it only rains 3 times a year! May be a bit like riding a bike to work in the UK!

I hope you have a separate bank account set up for tires and brakes on that Audi! You will need it! :rotfl: