Reeth 3 Day

hrc1

Wow, what a trial, absolutely brilliant. The Clubman route was spot on IMHO, a few entertaining/exhilarating numbers with plenty of tamer sections to balls up in between. The ride round over senic hills & moorland is always a highlight for this southerner, particularly the last loop on Sunday approaching that teaser - the Worlds Longest Section. (Perce - is that the Grouse Moor?). I was also fortunate that both my riding buddies were gagging for a go on the 200 - selecting the moment perfectly, I handed the bike over on the final run into the Punchard section........ Anyway, top do. Great thanks are due to all the organisers, observers, & CoCs and nice to see the fast results.

Section 4 after Sunday lunch is Potting. The section we rode there has been used in the Scott. We then took you up the Scott route that follows the East side of Gunnerside Ghyll, after a mile or so the Scott drops down into the Ghyll bottom & basically goes up one side & then comes back down the other side taking in 6 or 7 sections. We thought about it but I think we may have lost one or two Clubbys down there :rolleyes: maybe next year. We then followed the Scott course along the track, we turned left & headed over to the top of Little Punchard Ghyll, the Scott turns right & heads to Bypass. (Saturdays last group)

An excellent 3 days of trialing, can't wait for next year. At times it was a bit tough especially Sunday morning. I wished I'd taken it a bit easier on the fizzy lager on the Saturday night. Well done Richmond.