Raga Crankcase

tosh123

Hi

Had a major problem with my raga which has broken the crankcase and clutch basket after the kickstart gear broke.

Has anyone had to buy one and how much was it? I need the clutch side crank case (has anyone got one for a Raga)?? I'm in tears :o !!!!!!

Love the bike its/was awesome.

It's at the bike shop at the moment. But have been told that the clutch basket has slipped as the gear has gone under the basket (while running).

This then broken a sliver off the casing (must be where the bearing sits). I've not seen it my self yet but saw the basket had moved big time!!

I'm having knightmare on how much it will cost. I've only had the bike 5weeks.

Is the bike still under warranty?

Cases are sold as matched sets, so you'll need a set machined to provide the appropriate measurements between left/right bearing ends. The Raga is Magnesium (same as my 02' Pro) but the "regular" Pro, 03' on up, is Aluminum.

Jon

It's at the bike shop at the moment. But have been told that the clutch basket has slipped as the gear has gone under the basket (while running).

This then broken a sliver off the casing (must be where the bearing sits). I've not seen it my self yet but saw the basket had moved big time!!

What year model Raga are you talking here.

Hope its not to hard on your pocket.

Man that hurts. When the kicker went on my buddy's Raga he felt it wasn't right and parked it. I gotta give GasGas USA credit. They took care of him and it didn't cost him anything other then a few weeks of down time.

Good object lesson though. If it doesn't seem right, park it until you know what the problem is.

Sorry you had to learn that lesson the hard way. GasGas needs to do a better job getting the KS procedure out to the public. The Pro Kickstart pawl and idler gear are fairly thin and only engage a couple of teeth, so if you jump on it, it can break teeth off. As mentioned, if you make sure the kickstarter is fully enguaged each time you kick it, you wont have a problem. The problem is worse on 300's as they are harder to kick and folks tend to jump on them w/o making sure the gears are fully meshed 1st. If you have an older Pro and break the gear/pawl, you will find that there is a new KS shaft/Gear and they are sold as a matched set. The new style gear is marked with a B. See Jim Snells .doc for more info.

http://www.trialspartsusa.com/diagrams/Pro...2013%202008.doc

Thanks for all your replies.

The bike is just out of warranty it an 07 July.

Have you spoke to Gas Gas yet? They 'should' cover this.

I may be wrong here and dont want any legalities thrown at me, however under EU law 'any' motorvehicle sold should by law have at least 12 months warranty on it. Obviously Gas Gas UK (not sure if you are in UK or not) only give a rather cr@ppy 6 months.

I would call them directly and ask the question, then depending on the answer take it from there - you may be pleasantly surprised.