Natc Entries ?

ishy

So I see they're going to charge me another $50 bucks to park and ride? RIDICULOUS! The NATC raises the entry to $100 per day and justifies it by saying they have to make up for having less rounds. Does anyone actually think the NATC will lower the entry if there are 10-12 rounds next year? HA! Not a chance.

It is well worth the expense to meet Ishy!

I'm a little disappointed with only 114 entrys, but we will have a blast anyhow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, a week at Disney World for a family of 4 is roughly $2500.00 and a bottle of water is 4.00 during prime time. If your lucky you can be there during Gay week! :wall:

Edited by Sam

Very good question . I have heard the club only keeps 40% of the entry fees but that still leaves quite a large amount for their treasury ,so unless the club is saving up to purchase land it seems like there should easily be 5 to 10 thousand available for PRO class purse $$$$$ since those guys are risking a lot for so little. It does seem pretty hard to understand why the $100 fee per day plus possible minders fees isnt enougfh to spend in total. Let the exagerrated entry fee cover the gate /land use heck it should supply a health ins. rider.

Ask the AMA/NATC as they are getting the majority it seems!

However, I do think the sponsoring club should hopefully see a profit and not a loss, as it all mostly goes back into trials in some fashion, most years seem to be a bit slim for the clubs what I hear. Although having the "three and three" may help that.

Events like the Sooner Cup are somewhat unique, cost a lot to put it on, with the objective to break even. Cannot quote figures as I have not seen them, but someone said we only lost a bit!

Speaking of which, I wonder how the WR came out, maybe Dan will tell us at some point. :wall:

Edited by copemech

• 2 weeks later...
very good question . I have heard the club only keeps 40% of the entry fees but that still leaves quite a large amount for their treasury ,so unless the club is saving up to purchase land it seems like there should easily be 5 to 10 thousand available for PRO class purse $$$$$ since those guys are risking a lot for so little. It does seem pretty hard to understand why the $100 fee per day plus possible minders fees isnt enougfh to spend in total. Let the exagerrated entry fee cover the gate /land use heck it should supply a health ins. rider.

We tried to get a group of 4 together for Colorado no one was interested so we had to stay home. Total fuel cost for 1600 mi round trip $320 the new higher rider entry fee ($40x3x4riders) was $480. We might have been able to got a group together during the last week before the national as schedules worked out but then there would have been an additional $1200 for the 4 of us late entry fees. How about if you enter late your riding non compete at same entry fee and not eligiable for trophies?

$40 seems more than fair for the club not sure about land fees but what about the other $60 does anyone know how it breaks down should be around 40 grand where does it go.

We tried to get a group of 4 together for Colorado no one was interested so we had to stay home. Total fuel cost for 1600 mi round trip $320 the new higher rider entry fee ($40x3x4riders) was $480. We might have been able to got a group together during the last week before the national as schedules worked out but then there would have been an additional $1200 for the 4 of us late entry fees. How about if you enter late your riding non compete at same entry fee and not eligiable for trophies?

$40 seems more than fair for the club not sure about land fees but what about the other $60 does anyone know how it breaks down should be around 40 grand where does it go.

There is no "half" commitment here John, you are either "in" or "out", and I never rely on flakey buddies to even go attend, no less ride! You are either going or you are not, and if someone wants to come along and share expenses, that is great! :P