08 4t

voleurz

hey all,

im new here from vancouver island

im looking to get a new trials bike and am partial to 4 strokes.

i will be doing a fair bit of normal trail riding so i am wondering if this would be a good bike to do that with.

does it have a transmission like the beta 4 stroke (where its 3 short ratio and 2 wider ones) would this get annoying on trail rides.. can they still get to a decent speed?

anyone with actual "seat" time on one? how do you like it?

are they pretty reliable?

thanks alot eh

-eric

Eric - Steve Fracy has lots of time on an 05 Sherco 4t - I'm sure he will see your post and respond - I have an 08 Sherco 4t, and so far nearly everybody that has had a ride on it thinks it's fantastic - I also ride Beta and the six speed on the Rev 3 is great for the trails, where the Sherco 2T with only five speeds falls a bit short. - this all changes with the 5 speed Sherco 4T - it will pull you anywhere anytime in any gear. - I doubt you would get this bike in 5th on Vancouver Island tight trails.

I have an 08 and have only ridden it twice in the woods but I had this silly grin on my face while I was cruising through the woods. Put it in 4th gear and go, it is amazing, great power, if you need to just slip the clutch a little.

Mark how is that seat working for you, something like that might be a nice addition to the 4T. I have ridden one a Scorpa 4T and the Sherco 4T has MUCH more power feels much lighter. I do like the seat idea but if you can stand up then for sure go with the Sherco.

I have not had mine long enough to assess the reliability, keep th oil fresh and it should last.

Wayne

hey guys,

thanks for the great response.

yes i dont think i would get it in 5th on the trails but maybe to get to the trails (if i dare haha)

and yeah if i were to get a 2 stroke i would like the beta 6 speed.

but sounds like this 4 strokes a winner so no need for that

i will talk more about it with the bike shop on saturday and ill see from there.

my bike shop can only get gas gas sherco and betas in and hes a good guy so im gunna support him.

i was almost all set on the beta 4 stroke but then i saw this one (and its a g note cheaper)

thanks again guys.

I have ridden both the 08 Beta 4T, about an hour in trials conditions, and the 08 Sherco 4T, also in trials and trail conditions. The Sherco definitely has more power, but for me it is very controllable.

The Beta that I rode had been upgraded to a 300 (did not have enough power for the expert class rider) and it also will be receiving, if it has not already, a brand new lightweight less restrictive exhaust system. I still think the 3.2 will have better power.

I did not get this bike to compete or even ride trials, basically it is my play bike. I will take it up to the club once or twice a week and ride sections and blast through the woods and so far from what I have seen it is going to do a great job.

Wayne

I have an 08 and have only ridden it twice in the woods but I had this silly grin on my face while I was cruising through the woods. Put it in 4th gear and go, it is amazing, great power, if you need to just slip the clutch a little.

Mark how is that seat working for you, something like that might be a nice addition to the 4T. I have ridden one a Scorpa 4T and the Sherco 4T has MUCH more power feels much lighter. I do like the seat idea but if you can stand up then for sure go with the Sherco.

I have not had mine long enough to assess the reliability, keep th oil fresh and it should last.

Wayne

The seat is here if you need it Wayne! The wifes 125 went up north last year, yet the seat remained here! The edges are a bit worse for wear, but nothing $5 worth ov vinyl would not cure!

It does work! :D

Getting back on topic, the 4T Sherco is just simply "One Bad Ass Top Performer" for sure! I don't think they require too much TLC.

Easiest to work on and very solid!

As with any bike, take care of it and it will take care of you! If you are the type to abuse your machine and neglect it, you will likely have problems! :P

Wayne lets get some FACTS straight when you spot a motor 70cc it's going to make more power! I will agree with the only thing you have said thay makes any since is the sherco does make good power 320 cc it just has to. The scorpa you rode did have enough power just big and heavy.

The stock Beta is competitive in the expert class , LOOK at Ray's results in last years nationals. The one you rode stock 250, if I remember right you were smiling the whole time. And you have NOT rode a Beta with a 300 kit cause it just went on the bike last week. And yes it now has the factory aluminum pipe, still quieter than your sherco when reved out. Both the sherco and the beta you hammered are good bikes.

RL, NO HAMMERING INTENDED!

I did really like the Beta, made that statement that is was very well designed but does not have the power that the Sherco does, no one will disagree with that. Ray could and I think did ride a 125 and did extremely well a couple of years ago. He does weigh somewhat less than the guy who just added the 300 kit and the new exhaust to his bike and power to weight ratio is very critical. I have not ridden a Beta 300 but hope to do so in the next few weeks, if I am still welcome.

I had a great big grin on my face the day I rode it that is for sure, and really enjoyed the ride, thanks again! If I was not so true to Sherco I would be looking seriously at a Beta but I would want the 300 kit on it, just because that is the way I am.

The Scorpa was big and heavy and felt like it had less power than the Sherco, although it has been some time since I rode it.

As you know I bleed Sherco blue or black or what ever the main color is and am going to promote the Sherco. But all that being said the 3.2 has really good power, i even think that I remember someone telling me to be careful or get a Michelin man suit.

Wayne

He does weigh somewhat less than the guy who just added the 300 kit and the new exhaust to his bike and power to weight ratio is very critical.

He he! :P

RL is very sensitive about his power to weight ratio, Wayne!

We just call it a "balance adjustment" when his wallet gets a little lighter! :D

I'll bet the Beta is sweet now! That bit of kit will make it come alive!

I have not seen any published prices on the 300 kit for the Beta - about how much do they run? Is it a warranty item or strictly race kit? Will Beta offer a 300 in 09? Everyone seems to like the Sherco 320 motor - seems they have really improved it.