Handlebar Width, Who Cuts Them Down A Bit?

bingo

I cut about a half inch off each side. I use Pro-Taper bars and they have cut marks on them makes it easy.

With the bars wider it puts my wrists at an odd side angle.

I try to make it so that my hand and fore arm are "in-line" with each other.

Generally i'd leave them.

I is very difficult to cut the mettal back on if you don't like them short so try someone elses bars for feel at a trial

If you were short, i'd consider cutting 10mm off each side.

If you are tall get adaptors to raise the bars 20mm.

Ralphy

I am 5'7" and have just cut half an inch off each end of the bars on my Beta 200 and rotated them towards me a bit, the difference on tight turns is huge.

I often struggled on tight turns but a session with Steve Saunders showed how it should be done, I was still struggling a bit with tension in my outside arm rather than the inner arm as taught by Steve so I asked the team at BVM and they suggested that, given my size, I should shorten the bars and rotate them back towards me a little. What a difference!! the technique taught by Steve makes sense and works!!!

I cut about 20mm off each end of mine as I am below average (in most things!!!).

Its something I have always done, when I ride other peoples bikes they feel a bit wide!!

For me its the wider the better. A wide bar seems to help me find balance better/faster and gives me a solid feel on the bike.

I find the same, when Ive cut bars down in the past I cant balance the bike as good and I find the steering a bit wierd

I find the same, when Ive cut bars down in the past I cant balance the bike as good and I find the steering a bit wierd

Cutting the bars is a big no-no for me.

When I've tried the 'narrow-bars' method I found that it generates too much load on my arms and gives me tennis elbow. :)

Being a junior quite a few people cut there bars down and i've ridden there bikes me being 6 ft my self obviously i wouldnt like it particualary but there specifically made for trials and i dont think there deigned to be tampered with i guess it just affects the balance of the bike ~?