Wtc In France (updates)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed Kinell's photo aviator. What's with you and Highland lasses fascination with Raga's backside? She uses his bum and you use his back.

Then again, maybe I'm the sick-o for taking the photos for you two.

Edited by City Trials

Hi all ,

Ron III here , I wanted to thank all who helped me get here and sorry for the time problem.. I learned about time management and I had some ok rides to the ends of the sections.. just could not get last obstacle or something stupid would happen .. but my confidence is better .. and i went training with my team this week .. I am riding a 270 and wow its different but necessary for the big stuff.. On France .. the paddock area was very nice.. the spectator loop was not marked well i was told.. the sections were very big and very slick.. but I tried them all and did ride some very tricky stuff well .. Looking forward to Italy and doing my best..

Got to meet Alex's Dad , Mr wigg was very supportive and very friendly . . Thanks.. Also met Andy It was a pleasure to meet him too.. Alex is great and I enjoy watching and practicing with him, as I learned some stuff from him .

Thanks again,

Ron III

Edited by Ron

Having visited the French World Round last weekend, I must say that the atmosphere was spot on, as at most of these overseas events. As this round in Maisse, most are held in or around towns or villages, which appear to be totally behind the trial.

At Maisse the start ramp, the Motul truck and the purpose made section were all based in the centre of the town. The rest of the factory trucks were all parked along the street - roads were closed for the event and a sound system to various surrounding parking areas etc. was installed. This, to me, is marvellous to see, when, in parts of our country, we have governing bodies and organisations which would stop an event like this before it even had chance to happen. I feel that this is a great shame. If Clubs don't get together to fight our corner, I see a time when our sport will be squashed.

I cannot fault the French round for its organisation, effort and enthusiasm. However, my own opinion on the severity of the sections was that they were on the hard side, but this is a trend of the world rounds and even our own British Championship, down to centre level and sometimes club. As I watched riders having to take loops out of the section to tackle steps at different angles to make them possible, it did make me question the current marking system. What the lads are doing at World Rounds, Indoors, etc., does require a great deal of skill, but it, to me, does not make for the best of entertainment when spectating. Whilst talking to other people at the trial, most agreed that they can get bored watching at the indoor and outdoor trials marked on the stop permitted system. No stop trials can be marked out with less danger involved. I am probably from the wrong era, but after looking at the World Round results from the eighties and seeing 100 riders competing on the same course, I wonder, are things really going the right way? I can't help but look at trials like the SSDT, The Scott, Loch Lomond 2 Day, Richmond's Reeth 3 Day and other trials of similar style and notice that they are regularly oversubscribed. I have also seen that at trials at centre level where clubs have introduced trick style riding entries often suffer.

No doubt some of the young riders will disagree with me, but I think that sometimes there is a need to look backwards before we can move forwards.

Having visited the French World Round last weekend, I must say that the atmosphere was spot on, as at most of these overseas events. As this round in Maisse, most are held in or around towns or villages, which appear to be totally behind the trial.

At Maisse the start ramp, the Motul truck and the purpose made section were all based in the centre of the town. The rest of the factory trucks were all parked along the street - roads were closed for the event and a sound system to various surrounding parking areas etc. was installed. This, to me, is marvellous to see, when, in parts of our country, we have governing bodies and organisations which would stop an event like this before it even had chance to happen. I feel that this is a great shame. If Clubs don't get together to fight our corner, I see a time when our sport will be squashed.

I cannot fault the French round for its organisation, effort and enthusiasm. However, my own opinion on the severity of the sections was that they were on the hard side, but this is a trend of the world rounds and even our own British Championship, down to centre level and sometimes club. As I watched riders having to take loops out of the section to tackle steps at different angles to make them possible, it did make me question the current marking system. What the lads are doing at World Rounds, Indoors, etc., does require a great deal of skill, but it, to me, does not make for the best of entertainment when spectating. Whilst talking to other people at the trial, most agreed that they can get bored watching at the indoor and outdoor trials marked on the stop permitted system. No stop trials can be marked out with less danger involved. I am probably from the wrong era, but after looking at the World Round results from the eighties and seeing 100 riders competing on the same course, I wonder, are things really going the right way? I can't help but look at trials like the SSDT, The Scott, Loch Lomond 2 Day, Richmond's Reeth 3 Day and other trials of similar style and notice that they are regularly oversubscribed. I have also seen that at trials at centre level where clubs have introduced trick style riding entries often suffer.

No doubt some of the young riders will disagree with me, but I think that sometimes there is a need to look backwards before we can move forwards.

The first point is more about our society then anything else. Just look at the tdf its paid for by local councils to come to their town the roads are closed etc. In the uk and ireland its rolling road blocks.

However there is light at the end of the tunnel just look how the Bangor round went, supported locally.

how long is it before Scarborough or skegness or cleethorpes realise the value of the influx of what a WTC could do and we are in buisness.

The ssdt and reeth 3 day are miles away from any wtc and rightly so.

this year will be my 4th reeth and it is perhaps my favourite trial of the year. Stop or no stop its first on my list.

As for the wtc and france (as already stated) its section design thats more influencial than no stop, surely?

Well maybe wrong about andy just assumed as man with mr Wigg was named andrew .. if I am wrong I am sorry .. enjoyed meeting all the folks I have met so far .. Looking forward to tomorrows event .. sections look better , yet very very slippy.. Bike is fantastic thanks to Miton Top trial Team for helping out , Beta Motor, My Dad and Peepa and all who got me here.. Thanks again.. Ron III

Ronnie, the real Andy is currently featured in the "name the rider" pic on the SSDT threads. He is the tall fellow with keen eyes always looking for something. In that piccie I think he may be looking for alka-seltzer! In TN he was eyeing snakes!

Andrew is the one you need to butter up to! Give him one of your autographed posters, stand there and smile politely! With any luck he will shell out a few shingles just to get you to leave! :)

As for the wtc and france (as already stated) its section design thats more influencial than no stop, surely?

I agree :D ..... Does that mean we mates now :hyper:

p.s You will be pleased to know that on the way back, when we drove into Austria (as it was the first time I had driven through it), I mentioned to Julie that this was a stunning looking country . Just then, I saw the blue lights in the rear view mirror and got nicked for speeding. :D

I also didn't have a local tax disc either of which he said was a €140 fine. When he said that, Julie went into overdrive with her charm and he said he would let that go! Nice man :D

Despite the lower scores in Italy the trial was still tough the marks spread out and I bet nearly every rider was much happier than France .

I agree although I think a tougher trial for the youths would have suited Jack more than the others.