Mid Ohio Volunteers

29r

Yo Biff. Congratulations!

Your Post #1

The checkers "that were right on the money".

Your Post #2

Admitting that "He actually punched me one for that section when it should have been a two". Hmmmmmm........

Yes. Well played.

No. Don't send your trophy off. No. Hang on to that. I seriously doubt that anyone feels "gyped" but you at this point. That's what your scorecard said, so it must be true. Great 2 point day!

Again, Congratulations for your win at Mid-Ohio!

Pee Wee

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got busy with some B&J business and missed the awards as well as the opportunity to to congratulate Biff on his win.

Received a call and was made aware of this series of comments.

Scott did a good job on the trials.

Congratulation, Biff, on your win. Nice Ride!

Bob Ginder

If my congratulating Biff on his win is being viewed as forgiveness you have misread my post intentions.

I very simply offered my congratulations with no hidden agenda.

If forgiveness is being sought, it need not come from me. I have no ill feelings. That's between those concerned and their conscious.

Bob Ginder

We are trying! I recently wrote an atricle on the merits of "That Twinshock Class" I believe it was submitted today with all the other proposals that were on the agenda.... here's hoping.

On my blog under "That Twinshock Class"

Tony

What did AHRMA decide about adding a twin shock class?

Not to get somewhat back on topic or anything, but several years ago when I considered doung some vintage mono or twinshock riding, I was soo put off by the AHRMA limitations that I just forgot about it, just things like, well you could run a 248 mont but not a 249 or something stupid like that. I cannot recall specifics, just too many rules and limitations unless you are running something really old and near pre 65.

I would ventuer a guess as why ITSA has become more popular! Would not surprise me to see them take in some early monos as welcome. Just my thoughts!

Copemech,

Ahrma does have it's limitations and trials has become the red headed step child. There are several reasons this has happened and I will not go into them here. They have a couple of members working hard but I think they are out numbered and always will be.

ITSA was formed to broaden the scope of twinshock trials. We even go as far as specials as long as they are air cooled engines, drum brake, and conventional twinshock rear suspension. We also cover all existing twinshock machines.

We allow modern bikes to ride our events with us and welcome them. If there was enough interest in early mono's it would be considered but we do not wish to take away the original intent of ITSA. That is a place for all twinshock machines.

Check out our web site at International Twinshock Association

Okay , I'm over it . Even though I'd preferred that ' You take it outside ! '. The majority of threads end up off topic anyways , so whatever .

Observations .

The original thread was for " Volunteers " . For that , I got no response from this Board .

Honesty is the best policy ( No question ) . In a sense though , I feel that I was responsible for the Observers ( which was the ' root 'of the problem ) . I didn't have an abundance of volunteers at the time , could have used a 3rd at some of the sections to handle the 70 some riders and some were not versed in Vintage rules and a couple that had no idea at all . So for that , I apologize .

Don't mess with the ' Guru ' and his Clan . ( I hear Banjo's ) ;)

For the money , it's a shame that all of the top finishers not be given an award , even though there may not be 3 riders in the Class ? That needs to be addressed . On the other hand , who wants a ' TRAILS ' trophy anyways . :D

On the Twin Shock thing . I just received the August Vintage Views . The National Trials Coordinator , Ed Peacock has submitted a proposal to the Rules committee for approval of twin shock thru 1985 ( Air/drums ) . For those inclined , contact him or your local Trustee .

The Sunday venue was a mix . With the addition of the X-Country , it made it difficult for the layout ( I could have saved 2 days of Vacation though ) . I was aware of at least a couple of riders that didn't participate as they had to return that day . It did make for a late departure for the long drive home . The Gallery didn't seem as large (?) All the same , they were entertained though . Didn't seem to have the pressure of hurrying the event for the MX'rs and Road Racers . I neglected to thank Don Kelly ( all the way from California ) who forfeited his ride to help with the event , Thanks Don .

I wish I would have collected the results at the end to report , but I was just glad to be over with it and " Where's that Cold Bud " ! Also I not aware of any Photos to view , so if anyone has a link , please do !

So anyways ,

Motor Easy

Dude! don't sell yourself short...we all know what it's like to try and get enough volunteers to pull off an event like that...you did a GREAT job considering what you had to work with! I was also one of those who chose not to ride on Sunday due to having to spend most of the day packing up for the 500 mile drive home...perhaps they could hold the PV mx on Saturday and run the trials on Saturday or get the Track to let us stay Sunday night and leave on Monday morning...you might even get more spectators by running it on Saturday...anyway...YOU did a great job!

Murray

Sent an email to Ed Peacock at AHRMA when I read that his proposal contained a cut off date of 1985...which leaves out the Honda Reflex...he said it was too late to change the proposal...

Oh well...

Murray

Where can I read this proposal?

Why on earth would they exclude the Reflex/TLR ???

Art

I don't think they excluded it, they just forgot to include it!

ITSA has it right when they say two shocks, air cooled, drum brakes, IMHO.

The best part about ITSA though is the specials! That's the spirit we should

be looking for.

First off, good job on the trials, heard good things. Thanks to all the volunteers. :D

Im still confused by AHRMA rejection of twin shock class. It makes no sense.

Looking at the results it looks like the Girder class got roughed a little. 123 points , 170 points and 184 points for the class winners. Is that right?

"Looking at the results it looks like the Girder class got roughed a little. 123 points , 170 points and 184 points for the class winners. Is that right?"

I don't think they were roughed up. Scott did a good job for the older bikes. There is usually only one rider in these classes and they choose only to ride one loop and take 10's for the rest of the day. That makes it look like they had a terrible time....but they did not.

As for twinshock bikes...I ride them in ITSA events as an expert. I'd have to say I'd be bored to tears in the AHRMA 1 line on my SWM!