Do You Compete Or Ride For Fun?

scorpa3

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to ride in an event. I wasn't asking for excuses, just reasons.

Maybe excuses was the wrong word

It might of sounded better if i said that's "3 very poor reason's".

If people are finding it more fun to practice then as you say that's all well and good but it ain't doing the future of Trials much good,if we all decided to go and practice and bin the Event's end of game.Mind you having said that maybe Trials need's a good flushing out so the Fun aspect can be had by all at the same Trial once again.

Edited by bilc0

i think competing is fun there's nothing better than getting one over on your mate's or finally beating that rider you have been chasing for year's (even if he is 80 now). i think if winning becomes your only goal the fun can die a little but that's maybe just me i love to be on the bike and for me a proper event will alway's have that edge over practise. but must admit still dont like being watched by the pack on that first section dont think i ever will.

Ride for fun or compete, whats the deference as long as you enjoy it? each to there own i say. For me its hard to just have a good practice fun day with my mates as yeadon guisley took over our fun practice venue for there club trials! addingham moorside. Dont get me wrong i love competing but i never seem to get enough practice in then when it comes to doing a trial there seems to be 2 many ****ers with there heads up there own arses. And that puts me off doing more trials, at least with practicing you know where you are?

Gents

all posts in this thread relating to the SACU/AMCA issue that "The David Baker" continues to bring up have been deleted along with any posts relating the "discussion". Please keep on topic without resorting to offensive posts.

Forum Mod