Should Trials Become An Olympic Sport?

kickstart101

Anything that improves the visibility of trials as a sport would be a good thing! I'm sure Dougie Lampkin is the most unknown british world champion ever! And how many times will I hear "bring back KickStart!"? That program is singularly the reason I fell in love with bikes!

I can't see it happening though as the olympics is simply not about engines. Trials is by definition a motorsport I'm afraid.

I'm sure a few years ago, Trials was being pushed quite hard to be part of the Summer Olympics and i think they even hada demo arena trial for the olympic committee to mull over! Although it didn't make it into the Olympics, i reckon that it should be in. The riders today are extremely fit and the things they do (esp Bou) defy gravity and they really are athletes in their own right.

If it doesn't make it to the Olympics in the near future, then i reckon the X-Games are also a good platform for Trials!