Vern Gamble In Trialcross

ringo

I've been watching this guy and have to give him some props. Vern is an AZ Senior Novice rider. [Ever see the movie Hot Rod? If not, go rent it. Hilarious.] The movie was written about a guy just like Vern, except Vern is 52 years old who acts like a teenager and has a tremendously positive attitude. He is Deadly slow, so slow infact that sometimes you can't tell if he is moving, and that is no exageration. He is so slow, the crowd ends up cheering for him when he gets over an obstacle.

To be beaten by Vern, while on a running motorcycle is... well, I can't even imagine.

Just the same, he is out there and having a great time. ENJOYING THE SPORT HE LOVES AND NOT COMPLAINING.

I can't wait to meet him and ride with him in Las Vegas.

By the way,

Craig, how did YOU do in Oklahoma??

You are still practicing for the 'Big Show' right??

I will have my $1000 cash in hand for the challenge that you gave me last year. I expect you'll have your cash in hand as well and IF YOU BEAT ME, then you can take my cash and donate it to any charity you choose. If I win, I will be donating your $1000 to the Ringo Kidney Foundation. It's a wonderful orginization that provides me with a brand new kidney every 20 years. Your welcome to donate your winnings that that foundation as well.

Hey Ringo,

That about describes Mr. Gamble to a tee. Great movie too. A must see.

My monitor must be projecting upside down again. Double check me here... I'm looking in the results and I'm seeing that... it can't be... no way... no freekin' way! I gotta be reading this all wrong.

Vern beat Craig?

Way to go Vern!!!

Dang!

Craig... What happened? Did Vern stuff ya into a Tuffblock or something? Or did he land on ya over a log double? By all means.. enlighten us.

I'm gonna have to see this on You Tube. Anybody got the footage?

Having Vern pass you is kin to those light rays that sped off the screen in Star Wars. To witness this first hand is simply amazing. I tip my cap to Vern and will see him in South Carolina next month for another re-match to see who's the slowest EnduroCross rider of all time.

As for the bet, Ringo, I'd say you better start signing up to race or you need to bring a grand to Vegas. There's only four rounds left and you're now 25 points behind me at this stage of the game.

In case you forgot, let me remind you.

Yes Craig I know it's a 6 round series but remember You shot off your mouth in Vegas and said that you would bring your trials bike there next year and show me how to ride. Therefore I am accepting your challenge. The thousand dollar challenge makes it real.

Source.

Edited by City Trials

Once again Craig is attempting to get out of his bet by twisting the wording in a post to read to his advantage.

Craig, when you challenged me the AMA had not scheduled a 6 round series therefore any comments regarding a series at a later date is irrelevent. Again, the challenge was made for Vegas Endurocross scheduled for Novemeber.

At this point your only hope is that I DNF because I'll pick up my bike and carry it past you if I break down. Of course you still have the option of backing out of your challenge, like a little beeatch or not racing at all as I said that I would finish ahead of you.

It's up to you my paparazzi pal.

I suppose if I were 25 points behind the slowest guys in EnduroCross after 2 rounds, I'd be making a plethora of excuses too. What next, Ringo, you're knees still hurt? If you don't start trimming points off my massive lead in the next three rounds, by Vegas I could sit in the stands - drinking a double Jack and Coke - taking blurry pictures AND still come out the $1000 winner.

Edited by City Trials

If you don't start trimming points off my massive lead in the next three rounds, by Vegas I could sit in the stands - drinking a double Jack and Coke - taking blurry pictures AND still come out the $1000 winner.

:rotfl:

Craig,

Judging by your response I can only conclude that I have read all this right and Vern did in fact SMOKE you at said event, in front of large amounts of off-raod racing enthusiasts, participants and their freinds and families, all of which know you, read your stuff, and see you regularly at motorcycling events and social functions. Geeez... that's got to hurt. Tell you what I'm gonna do...

I'll bet you beat Ringo in Vegas. That's right. Can you believe it? And I'm gonna help. Just before the event I will tell you the three secrets to beating Ringo. Any one of them will work, but Champions use all three secrets.

If you beat him, Ringo drives down here after the event , only 2 hours outa Vegas, and rides Sendero's Desert Cakewalk and Yard Sale Loop, in it's entirety. If Ringo wins, I remove Dufflebags's spleen and donate it to the Ringo Kidney Foundation.

Well Ringo? Are you takin' this bet? :rotfl:

Edited by Sendero

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, Thanks for all the support, but don't age me I turned 50 on 8/25. Craig and myself "MIGHT" be slower than some others but WE ARE OUT THERE. I might not be going to SC, work gets in the way, but I will be at the rest. Is the AMA keeping score on points for the overall? I thought these races were qualifers for Nov.vegas? See ya at the races......Vern