Peg Snap!

neo

Yes Neo. Of course that can be welded back up again. If you have to pay someone tradesmans rates to do it though it might cost you more than a new set of pegs.

You really should think about getting some decent strong pegs though and improve your bikes reliability. Imagine if that had happened during a trial. Forged steel, pressed steel, fabricated steel, cast steel or titanium (for the weight conscious) footpegs are the go unless you are never going to scrape or whack them on rocks. Hebo pegs are almost indestructible and very comfortable.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I have good reason to, so I'll do it again.

I first bought Trialcast pegs in the very early days, I think when they were almost prototype. I reckon I'm about as heavy duty as a bike is likely to suffer - yep I've seen bigger blokes (though not many) but not trying to slog their way round expert routes and the drops it can involve. Even being in the over 18 stone club, it's taken me a while to kill my suspension, but I've managed it, took me a while to snap the subframe, but managed that too from a drop off where my butt came down on the mudguard, bent the frame, bent the silencer.

The bike's slid down rock faces, bounced off rock outcrops.

But....the footpegs remain sturdy and I can't rate them highly enough.

I'm not linked in any way to Trialcast - I have met the bloke (at Hawkstone) and that only added to my support for them - a great bloke who runs a small foundry (well it might not be that small actually - not sure) but has an interest in trials and decided he could do things better, and intends at some point to actually make a small profit out of the trials side of things, rather than supporting it with his real work :iamwithstupid:

Also a TrialsCentral supporter, so if you're going to get some new ones, have a look at the Trialcast ones at least.

Trialcast HERE

P.S. Anybody want to buy a Sherco 290 - One careful owner :)

Edited by bikespace

Before you can decide whether or not to have it welded you have to identify the alloy to determine if it is actually weldable. If it remains "mystery footpeg aluminum" then you are probably best off avoiding welding on it and risking a failure.

cheers,

Michael

Forget about welding them !! The alloys are just not correct, whether 6000 series or 7000 series.

I looked long and hard at pegs last year, have to agree with BS that the TC pegs are the dogs unless you go Ti.

As luck would have it, I came accross a very good deal on some of the J-peg hybrids, still an ally base, yet I like the added rearset and drop. So they are still on, till a major bashing.

Fact is I was somewhat surprised to see Caby on a (what appeared) old style steel sherco set at the US round, slightly modded, but fact is they still work. WELL!

Why buy a bike when you can buy a whole right hand peg for so much less?? :iamwithstupid:

Best of balance (on one peg).

Neo

I was thinking why not have a whole bike of broken bit's for the same price of one good footrest.

Edited by bilc0