Hebo Pegs On A Rev3

ikb

Hi,

Just fitted some Hebo pegs to my 08 250 and looking side on they are sloping down at the front! probably about 5 degrees although it doesnt sound much you can feel that youre riding on the back edge of the pegs a bit. I will see how they feel tomorrow :thumbup:

I have compared them to the original Beta pegs and there is a difference in the angle of the bracket and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this? or can you buy pegs with different angled brackets???

• 7 months later...

I have bent one of my hebo pegs pretty good. Has anyone had any luck bending one back straight? I have been told that it might break if I try bending it back.

Let me know if it would break or not. It's bent forward from rolling back into a rock on a big save.

As a manufacturer of footpegs for trials bikes believe me I have looked into it in some depth angles, ergonomics etc etc. It simply appears that Beta (orr whoever makes foorest hangers for them) simply have no idea of manufacturing tolerances I have two "identical" 08 rev 3's bought at same time new with nearly consecutive frame numbers and yet there is a noticable difference between the two bikes (angles etc) when you fit aftermarket / replacement footrests. I even had to fit grubscrews into back face to make my footrests "sit " level when vieved from behind. Just about every bike made in last 10 years should have distance from centre of mounting hole to back face of 17mm . one of my bikes was 18.3! but the OEM footrest had been made up with extra weld fills. Crazy situation but definitly beyond control of aftermarket guys like me!.

Its not just the pegs that are bad on the rev-3, the quality of the hangers on my 06 are terrible. Have to weld them up when they come because the weld on them is really bad. After about 6 months of use they bend backwards so there not 90 degrees with the bike. Its not like im hitting them against rocks. I bent one back a fair way by coming off on a muddy bank with no rock in sight. I can see why they changed them on the 07 now!!!