El Escorial 1970

greeves

I just watched On any sunday for the first time loved it !

Thanks for starting this thread snr Greeves. Malcom Smith riding his bike down the widowmaker was briljant ! and what about the guy with the dog making a pitstop ? or the guy building a fire in the dessert pretty funny stuff ;)

Cheers,

Ed

This is the kind of movie you'll watch over and over for years. As to the pitstop desert racing dog, I can't remember the racer's name, but as I remember, the dog's name was "Cookie".

Jon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big McQueen and early Porsche fan here Jon watched Le Mans 100 times or more. On any sunday is something like that for early motorbikes i think i,m sure i will watch it over and over again. Makes me want to have a Husky like Steve had ;)

Cheers,

Ed

Steve's bike is on display just "up the road", maybe 70 miles, from where I live: http://www.mcqueenonline.com/huskyandtrophies.htm .

I also have the framed Sports Illustrated photo of him on the cover pictured there. A Buddy gave it to me for my birthday one year, knowing what a McQueen fan I also was.

Jon

This is the kind of movie you'll watch over and over for years. As to the pitstop desert racing dog, I can't remember the racer's name, but as I remember, the dog's name was "Cookie".

Jon

Here's a page with a more recent dog/racer. They also make a fond reference to Kookie.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208363

David

You can read in this link:

"Once upon a time, dirt bikes had power and grace....."

More about El Escorial 1970

http://www.mensvogue.com/design/videos/200...1/bultaco_video

I was there 9 years old, bikes passed just outside my parents home....

The SSDT finished at my parents home in Edinburgh, my introduction, and long love of trials, began there.

Did you live at/near the Royal Observatory on Blackford hill then?

Big John

Parents lived at the bottom of Observatory Road, used to practice wheelies up to Blackford Hill. Rod all over the hill (and the Pentlands) All before there was an environment etc etc.

Ross

"On Any Sunday stretching up, reaching high

Leaving my Monday world behind

I fire my rockets and explode in the sky

Kick up my heels until I find, I'm Flyin'

Over my shoulder through the dust I'm calling

Run wild and catch me if you can

On Any Sunday I'm a flyin' man

On Any Sunday looking back on the crowd

From the far out place I found

Screaming inside of me, and laughing out loud

I'm losing contact with the ground, I'm flyin'

On any Sunday I'm a flyin' man

Free as the wind, faster than time, reason and rhyme are running behind.

Tasting the sun Feeling the Earth, Knowing my worth and freeing my mind...

On Any Sunday, like the tail of a kite,

Flying and dancing in the wind.

I'd like to break the string and drift out of sight

I may not pass this way again..

I'm Flyin'

On Any Sunday I'm a Flyin' Man"

Big John

(Fan of Bruce Brown's 'On Any Sunday')

Watch and listen it here: http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=1qODJEH1JhE

• 1 year later...

Hello:

I write you from Madrid, Spain. A friend of mine is working in making a book related to the 1970 ISDT, San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid, Spain.

We are looking for an image of the announcement poster of the event. That is with the FIM logo, the name of the place, the date October 5 -10, and the picture of someone riding an off road bike.

Should I ask to you if any of you have one? It is very important, because one book about the event without it will be incomplete. Only the jpg with the picture is needed for printing, and the procedure to get the rights permissions to print it, forms, charges and so on.

If you do not have it but know who owns one, please tell me who, if you like, and we will get in touch with him.

Thank you very much.

Un saludo / Best regards

Hello:

I write you from Madrid, Spain. A friend of mine is working in making a book related to the 1970 ISDT, San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid, Spain.

We are looking for an image of the announcement poster of the event. That is with the FIM logo, the name of the place, the date October 5 -10, and the picture of someone riding an off road bike.

Should I ask to you if any of you have one? It is very important, because one book about the event without it will be incomplete. Only the jpg with the picture is needed for printing, and the procedure to get the rights permissions to print it, forms, charges and so on.

If you do not have it but know who owns one, please tell me who, if you like, and we will get in touch with him.

Thank you very much.

Un saludo / Best regards

Have you tried Horatio San Martin over at TodoTrial?

It's also possible that one of the Spanish collectors may have a copy. Big John can assist with contact details.