Pain And Woe

unbalanced

Boxing day sucked, not only did I have a stupid crash that gave me such a dead leg my foot went numb for about 3 hours but I also found out how vital the balls on the end of levers are. Without one I would have literally had me nut sack ripped open. :rolleyes: Was and is bad enough, still squeaking and walking like John Wayne. Oh well things can only get better. Anyone else keep having stupid offs or is it a phase I am going through.

Happy New Year to all and I hope you have a great 2009

but I also found out how vital the balls on the end of levers are. Without one I would have literally had me nut sack ripped open.

All has offs mate, part of the sport, to be honest coming off alot shows you are pushing yourself,start worrying when you ride all day without crashing.

Good point about the lever ends, never ride with a bust one, you dont realise how many times you get hit with a ball ended lever in crashes untill its not there. I use a large guarded blade mitre saw alot in my job, a few years ago the guard bust and I cut my finger with 30 seconds of using it, hadnt realised my hand actually touched the guard untill it wasnt there.

Edited by The Addict

All has offs mate, part of the sport, to be honest coming off alot shows you are pushing yourself,start worrying when you ride all day without crashing.

Good point about the lever ends, never ride with a bust one, you dont realise how many times you get hit with a ball ended lever in crashes untill its not there. I use a large guarded blade mitre saw alot in my job, a few years ago the guard bust and I cut my finger with 30 seconds of using it, hadnt realised my hand actually touched the guard untill it wasnt there.

How do you ride with only one Hand ? :rolleyes:

Edited by hoggle

You will stop crashing in only 2 scenarios

1. You are no longer pushing yourself to get better and have become comfortable staying there.

2. You stop riding. (for most of us scenario 2 is directly preceded by death.)

Now if only the misses will allow me to have my manly bits out of her purse for the next practice session. :rolleyes:

I also found out how vital the balls on the end of levers are. Without one I would have literally had me nut sack ripped open. :rolleyes:

Just ask Jerry Scott about that one..

..Jerry Scott was a top class mx'er in the 50's. He was impaled on his (ball-less) lever and passed away as a result of the injuries. He is the reason that levers have balls on the end of them. I'm surprised the club let you ride.

Hi

Total newie to trials riding!!

First time out before Crimbo with my very experienced mate ,doing ok till I got puncture ,making way home when bike spat me off into a grass bank kidneys and ribs first!!

Spent Crimbo afternoon in casualty being checked out (Wife not very happy with this at all!!)

Never ever before have I dreaded having to sneeze or cough!

Do any of you wear a kidney or back protector??

There is a science to crashing it seems!

Afew things come to mind!

Get off on the uphill side before things really get bad!

Fook the bike, I'll fix it later!

PULL CLUTCH, DUMMY!

Throw bike AWAY from you!

Lay it down NOW, before it takes me off the cliff!

Just, a few snippets! Which is what Addicts better half thinks about the fingers! :thumbup:

Copey's advice is the best way to go, **** the bike every time, theres nothing more expensive than a bad injury and time off work against trying not to scratch your bike or save a set of bars. If shes not going where it should get off and throw the bugger out the way. Young Bazzer had a habbit of saving his bike rather than himself and paid dearly for it

Edited by The Addict

Thanks for your invaluable help boys!!

Seems you are right in that I did try to save the bike from more grief than I had!!

Regarding back protection the local shops all told me there has never been any call for stocking back protectors.

Must have been my unlucky day!! :thumbup: