Rev 3 Falling Apart

wruffit

I've got an 06 250 Rev3 and it is always falling apart.... anyone else have this issue, is it normal???

My other bikes are an enduro CRF250X Honda and I also have an RMZ250 Suzuki for motocross and neither of them require the checks that the Beta does...... First thoughts are that I'm appalled at the Beta build quality, but maybe with frequent riding at the top of my TO DO list, this is expected....... I try to get on the bike at least 2 hrs a week and OK I admit that I don't check every nut and bolt on every outing but..... I bought the damn thing to ride not to continuously check, tighten, glue and repeat!

Any one else share the same frustration or is this a two stroke thing which I'm just not used too?

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew, I'm suprised that you find the Beta so 'needy.' Not withstanding stator issues, Beta's generally have one of the best reputations for build quality and reliability.

What kind of problems are you getting?

Pete

Christ!!!! just about to defend a Beta :rolleyes:

Had quite a few rev3's very well made to be honest compared to some of the other makes, yer a few bolts are known to come loose, just loctite the regular loose ones. Think I remember the rear disc bolts/frame-engine bolts but not much of a hassle.

The bikes weight savings thru the years have come with a price. Compare the current trials bike to any other motorcycle out there. Trials bikes are now border line under engineered to the point of a major break at at any severe ride, and need a lot of attention. Go back to any vintage bike, and the bike was ment to take quite a beating. But then thats why they rode like tanks and the modern bikes are too much fun!!

By the way the `06 Beta is a great bike!

I have owned several Beta's, bullit proof bikes, had very few problembs: I broke my kick start, the waterpump impellor broke, and I had to replace the swingarm bearings, other that that you can drive them off a 2 story building and start it up and drive it off, try that on a gas gas, I usually keep my bikes for over 5 years, reliability and build quality is important to me,

give some details of the problembs you are having, maybe we can give some sugestions,

Over the last five years I've had a japanese enduro bike and a (from new Scorpa) trials bike, I guess that I've changed roughly the same number of parts on both. Wheel bearings, air filters, pads, chains & sprockets, spokes, body work etc etc... there's genuinely nothing in it. (excluding tyres that is!)

(Prior to that I had a new Beta Rev3 and the only issue with that was the stator and before that a Gas Gas 250 which really did need more maintenance.)

Now if you think a trials bike needs a lot of work, try road racing for a season or two. You really do find out the meaning of when any mechanical failure could cost you your life!

We've got it easy in trials, a rear tyre lasts a year and a front lasts for years. The cheapest form of motorsport by miles :thumbup:

As a former moto-crosser honda was my thing. Build quality awsome. Got into trials and rode beta for 2 years, Not many probs apart from 06 stator, but everyone got that. Now ride montesa (honda) which build quality is unrivalled. To be honest it sounds like you just been a bit unlucky. If i was going back to 2 stroke i would ride beta i reckon purely in terms of build and riding quality in the 2 stroke class.Hope this helps

all this bumph pails into insignificance when compared to running a 3 year old tz250................

oh........the heady aroma of 747 and freshly crashed leathers

Not to mention the worries of getting the jetting right for early morning practice :thumbup: