Fantic 245

the addict

Mates got one, had it from new 1990 he thinks, not done a huge amount bit tatty but runs nice he says, anyone got an idea of what it might be worth as we havent got any idea at all? hes looking to upgrade to more modern

Thanks

PS, Clarkey, serious comments please

Edited by The Addict

Difficult one mate as it really dosn't fit in anywhere for the enthusiast?

There is an Air Cooled Monoshock class in the Classic trials, but beyond that it is a bit of a fun bike?

Pre 65, Twin Shocks in good condition will fetch more money because they are collectable and open to more events.

Thats the bad news.............................You buy it for 100 notes and stick it on ebay :thumbup:

Maybe

Edited by GIZZA5

Lee/Mark, thanks for the posts, he was looking for 500 quid so think that sounds about right from what you,ve said :thumbup: hes already had an offer for that just wanted to check 500 wasnt over the top rather than cheap

Edited by The Addict

Got the bike over to my place this afternoon and cleaned out the tank/carb air box etc and she fired up second kick after a 20 month lay off :thumbup: . Couldnt beleive how smooth the motor was for such an old bike, cable clutch would take abit of getting used to after hydraulic but all in all a nice tidy bike.

The air filter has seen better days, does anyone know where a new one could be bought? the gearbox oil may have been changed sometime in the 90's :thumbup: so in need of some new stuff asap, does anyone know what oil and how much?

Many thanks

Edited by The Addict

well done on your new bike

I brought a 243 about 2 months ago and v impressed, however it is my first trials bike. ( at 40 yrs old)

this link of Bob Wright site may be helpful as there is limited writen info I have been able to find on Fantics

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm22/fa...c5seriesmanual/

Also Bill Pye is a useful chap to phone as he also has a good working knowlegde of fantic and the parts

Bill Pye,

Frankfield Garage,

Great Ayton,

Middlesbrough,

North Yorks,

TS9 6BZ

(Tel 01642 722378

I have found both Bob and Bill very helpful indeed.

Enjoy

Cant beleive the Surgeon or Dad havent picked up on this post yet????? before they do though I,ve not bought the bike lads, Ive just got it running for a mate, I struggle fairish riding a modern one let alone an oldie

Thanks Spinny, nice link will pass it on

Edited by The Addict

Thanks Lee :thumbup: , yer forgot to say thats well weired kicking forward B)

Yes thats true , But on a good day you can stall in a section or on a hillside and kick it back to life without dropping a point ...

LOVE MY ole FANTIC !!!

Glenn