The Holidays Are Over. What Riding Is Being Done Out There?

biffsgasgas

So its like four outside in the garage right now.... Gasgas is needing attention but this couch i am on is soooo comfy. I know I need motivation. We needed a new post for the US anyway. I am day dreaming of this up and coming season, Surfing youtube, calculating those earned vacation hours, trying not to buy useless cr@p online, and wondering what people out there are doing with their trials bikes. So let me break this down by region....

East coast north-- Yeah its snowing there too huh? Any indoor stuff going on? Any planned travels? I used to ride in the snow and make a groove then try to ride that groove time after time. (mud rut training) Snowboarding and skiing must be happening out there by some of you. GO patriots!

East Coast south-- My glimmer of hope is another fun in the sun two day. Its florida. Its bike week. Its a great time. Im the pastey white dude on the beach half naked at 55 degrees out. (thats tropical for me) (no pictures please). For those of you who have not been. Its great and at hard rock this year. I hear ahrma will be in greensville? bummer. Still on the fence about getting there. Cope the daughter and fta group would both love a visit! TTC is staying busy from the sounds of it. Keep it up Dan! Ron2 or 3 evo's are probably keeping you busy.

South-- Ok texas and Arizona we know its like 75 obnoxious degrees right now and that you have perfect traction and all. Come summer when we are all playing and your in the er for heat exhaustion we will revisit this post. You can take a picture of a thermometer and you riding in a short sleeves but its not really helping the rest of us..... <that was pure jealousy right there

Mid-West-- High winds and clogged roads must have caused some one to call in sick and ride for the day. I know that Smage's are probably out in the barn. We hit the barn about once a week out here as well. Most of our riders snowmobile and ice race (<crazies). Its not much for cross training but its something with a throttle. Ohio? You staying dry? Minnesota? What does a sherco do at -40?

Rockies-- There must be some riding going on there. Trips to moab possibly? Denver-ites? How does the oset handle snow? Wyoming is great for winter fun times in the black hills. Im coming to Denver here in a month for skiing/snowboarding. Can't wait.

North West-- With flooding, land slides and uber snow here and there you must be excited about the ever changing sections. We are all watching those lumber shows on tv up here thinking about how to approach all of those stumps. Jay are we making a hodaka powered martini blender? Swoosh get any time in on the monty?

Cali-- You get your own headlines in all other news why now here huh? Ringo, Jive, Lane (if your reading as a guest)? Is your season starting going coming? Keep the eco friendly side up! Ahrma season starter looked awesome. All politics aside its riding that most of us are not doing. <jealous

Well I have consumed enough of your time. Send pics send stories send plans. Enough talk about the economy and the weather. Lets talk about riding.

--Brrrr iff

biffsgasgas Posted Today, 09:33 PM

So its like four outside in the garage right now....

Yep about that warm at my house too...........but I got a furnace in my garage. :D

Ordered chain, sprockets etc.. for the Sherco today. That's the most I have done with it since I was at the barn with you about 2 weeks ago.

Had considered studding the Sherco tires and riding on the river with all the snowmobiles. Just think of all the riding that can be done on the banks, we got big tree roots, over hangs etc... But the infamous Mrs. Zippy :P said "NO!!!". I think she said something about not wanting me to fall in, get trapped under the ice and die. She's funny that way. :wub:

Don't bet on all that down here Biff!

We had i believe our 30th anniversary Novice Cup/ Presicents Cup weekend last Sat and Sun. The weather was not terrible, but it did get into the teens Sat night and Sun morn. For those that camped, their water froze!

We have good days and bad this time of year! I think it did warm to 50-60 on Sun.

Sadly I admit that after spending my enjoyable off time pulling posts and rebuilding fence ovet the new years, my back was killing me and I did not ride. But I did get in a little play time and som photog stuff on Sunday, for the Presidents Cup! Advil works wonders, for a while!

Young David Mizell won it this year on the 125! Wow! As he beat out brother Caleb, who was a bit sick, and Josiah was sick at home.

One of my old retired MX buddies, Phillip Ramirez took the Novice Cup on Sat. and then proceded to win the intermediates on Sunday, another Wow! Good job Phillip! (he is a few years youger than me) Not bad for his first year out!

Sadly, I talked to at least two more experienced riders talking about going back to the morning SR class due to old age and injuries! :wub:

Here is Southern California it's right in the middle of our trials season. This weekend is round 6 of our 2008-2009 series. We are currently in a Jan. heat spell as it was in the high 80's here today. In the summer we get many days above 100, but it doesn't stop us from riding every weekend. Sometimes I think it would be nice to get out of Ca., but year round riding sure is great :wub:

I should probably add the fact thour State Series is ready to kick off the first weekend of the next month in Austin!

A series of two day events! All classes!

We run three levels both AM and PM so 6 courses, and we get a few snowbirds down here this time of year too!

Hey Biff,I have been thinking of dragging the bikes in the back bedroom to do the maintenance thing but thats about it thinking of doing it.Tires are hard as rocks from cold and bikes need a washing but need to wait for a warmer day.

Been doing a bit of boarding but seems free time is in short supply.Plenty of snow to be found more then 4 feet + in the woods just a little north.Plus with injury last fall Docters told me to stay out of the trees and we all know that where the fun is.But have been venturing off tthe trail a bit.

Have had the snowmobile out a few times,best part of that is the sweet sound of the two stroke twin coming to life.But not the same as playing on your bike.

We are having are 3D meeting next weekend maybe that will get everyone excited about up coming season.I am going to ride the sled over to Brigewater with Paul n. from his house near Richfeild Springs.

So stay warm and think spring.JR

We are having are 3D meeting next weekend maybe that will get everyone excited about up coming season.I am going to ride the sled over to Brigewater with Paul n. from his house near Richfeild Springs.

You need to talk unlucky chucky in to getting up on here. I still get all of the 3d cartoons forwarded to me. HA! The parents have not had a say with out snow fall since christmas so they are staying busy. Out here we board on trash dumps so be thankfull of that beautiful terrain!

--Biff

Sadly I admit that after spending my enjoyable off time pulling posts and rebuilding fence ovet the new years, my back was killing me and I did not ride. But I did get in a little play time and som photog stuff on Sunday, for the Presidents Cup! Advil works wonders, for a while!

Young David Mizell won it this year on the 125! Wow! As he beat out brother Caleb, who was a bit sick, and Josiah was sick at home.

Sadly, I talked to at least two more experienced riders talking about going back to the morning SR class due to old age and injuries! :wub:

Wow great job David! If you cant beat em give em the flu. I like that!

We have that great old riders move all the time here in michigan. It totally has you change the lay out of your trials to accomodate but at a certain point you try not to change it too much. Our intermediate class has our seniors in it. We usually get about 90 points from our lesser riders and 2 to 0 points from our moved down seniors. It poses a problem for us.

--Biff

Our season starts in April. I have to say the weather here has been incredible the last few days, around 75. When I drove by the beach today and see girls walking around in bikinis, not bad living in California.

But have not ridden the last couple of months. Gotta get back into it. Maybe get rid of my fat gut.

Here is Southern California it's right in the middle of our trials season. This weekend is round 6 of our 2008-2009 series. We are currently in a Jan. heat spell as it was in the high 80's here today. In the summer we get many days above 100, but it doesn't stop us from riding every weekend. Sometimes I think it would be nice to get out of Ca., but year round riding sure is great :wub:

SCTA kangaroo rat round at Romoland per chance?

When I drove by the beach today and see girls walking around in bikinis, not bad living in California.

Ok that we could use some pictures of....

Mike OD

Yeah thats what i figured. I hear snow and some balmy above zeros are coming our way... I can hardly wait.... :wub:

--Biff