Looking For Bearings? 6304.c3

hop blip and a jump

I'm trying to get hold of 2 bearings 6304.c3 with plastic ball cages???

I'm struggling to find anywhere that can supply them, i can get ones with steel riveted cages, but would like to replace them like for like..

they are gearbox main bearings in my 87 garelli.

Please help??

Edited by hop blip and a jump

I'm trying to get hold of 2 bearings 6304.c3 with plastic ball cages???

I'm struggling to find anywhere that can supply them, i can get ones with steel riveted cages, but would like to replace them like for like..

they are gearbox main bearings in my 87 garelli.

Please help??

Go to you local bearing factors and ask them to look them up. C3 is the radial clearance rating and will be quite important. The cages are probably phenolic (Tufnol) Though in a gearbox I'm not sure what advantage Phenolic cages will give.

Wayne....

Edited by wayne_weedon

Go to you local bearing factors and ask them to look them up. C3 is the radial clearance rating and will be quite important. The cages are probably phenolic (Tufnol) Though in a gearbox I'm not sure what advantage Phenolic cages will give.

Wayne....

Agreed, as the steel caged bearing from a quality manufacturer may actually be better!

They're maybe polyamide cages which don't like gear oil, although it does take some time for them to go brittle and break up, and you're probably using ATF or equivalent in your 'stroker.

Moto Guzzi gearboxes are known for the gearbox bearing cages breaking up, the fix is to replace them with steel caged ones.

There's some info here; http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/product...;newlink=1_0_59