Elf Htx 740

darrensn

hey there i use valvoline mate it works a treat. I looked at montesa reccomended oils and did same enquires and hard to come by and not cheap. Dont be afraid to use another oil. Its up to you. Another way i look at it is presuming you own a car i bet you dont use manufactures reccomended oil in that do ya?

Hope this helps

Edited by sectiononecleaner

ELF HTX 740 may cost more but it is well worth it. It will last 2 to 3 times longer than any oil, making it cost effective. Changing it too often is a waste of money. Also the 4RT clutch loves it. PJ1 Clutch Tuner, for example, costs less but has has a much shorter life.

i think you guys are wasting your money

just looked at the elf website and it gives the details for HTX 740-

"ELF HTX 740 is a monograde ultra fluid lubricant specially developed for dry clutch gearboxes coupled to 2-stroke engines."

"ELF HTX 740 must not be used in an immersed clutch"

ELF WEBITE ARTICLE LOOK HERE

For what it's worth - i was at a trial on Sunday chatting to another Mont bloke whilst in a cue for a section. We were discussing teh issue of how expensive ELF is and clutch drag on teh 315's. He used ATF (automatic transmission fluid) and said it worked a treat.

I've been using ATF in my old 315 having taken advice from a few people. My reasons were that I am another who believes in frequent oil changes and ATF can be bought at reasonable prices. It suits me.

I don't ride every weekend, often there are gaps of a month or more between rides for me and I do experience a sticky clutch at the beginning of each ride. Nowt that bothers me and it frees off in no time at all. No clutch drag to speak of once its warm. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...