Honda Tlr

spud

If you subscribe to YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE on page 74, sammy is advertising a new frame (apologises if this topic has already been discussed and i've no connection to sammy some of the contact info i've deleted so you'll need to find this info yourselves). I'm not a fan of the TLR's but i wouldn't mind owning a bike like this, does anyone else build frames for the TLR's?

post-786-1232567933.jpg

Edited by spud

Just had a quick look at this bike tonight whilst helping my mate set up his stand at the show.

Looks like the TL frame with the TLR200 motor fitted as opposed to a new frame for the TLR. Could be wrong but with the quick look I had, that's what it appeared to be. Whereas I don't think the TLR Hondas are the best or most competitive twinshock trials bike (overpriced and over-rated to me) I don't understand why anyone who owns one would want to spend that sort of money on changing the frame as there is not much wrong with the original. The TLR chassis isn't bad at all and it's light too, it's the engine that puts it behind the other leading twinshocks, I can't see any gain in swapping the frame at all. The TLR is also a nice looking bike but this looks old fashioned to me in comparison, too much like the TL kit.

The one thing I did notice though was that the silencer fouls the rear mudguard badly to the extent that the mudguard has a fairly large piece cut out of it to accomodate it. Not pretty and not a good design, it looks awful on a show bike and makes you wonder if anything else has been compromised.

There's a very nice Honda on display on a stand just behind Miller's stand, next to Simon Bateman's Villers stand. One-off special TLR250 with a TLR250R engine fitted. Stunning.

I thought it looked like the 125 frame as well, the mountings are the same on both 125 and 200. There was a hi boy locally that had a Seeley motor in it, he sold it I think it went up north. Obviously they are trying to spread the frame through all its possibilities in the current economic mess we are in, not too many 125 donor bikes more 200s out there I would say. :thumbup:

When observing at Wye valley road trial there was a bloke on a sorted 125 in std frame, he won his class. I spoke to him he said he tried a hi boy frame back in the day and not impressed, it was a very early one, can't remember his name.

Edited by bo drinker

I thought it looked like the 125 frame as well, the mountings are the same on both 125 and 200. There was a hi boy locally that had a Seeley motor in it, he sold it I think it went up north. Obviously they are trying to spread the frame through all its possibilities in the current economic mess we are in, not too many 125 donor bikes more 200s out there I would say. :(

When observing at Wye valley road trial there was a bloke on a sorted 125 in std frame, he won his class. I spoke to him he said he tried a hi boy frame back in the day and not impressed, it was a very early one, can't remember his name.

Geoff Muston won the class in the event you state bo.

Biggest problem here with the TLR 200 is the gear box ratios, theres one big gap between first and second, that problem sorted would make the bike half decent.

I cant understand some remarks about the bike,like it look old fationed, its a twinshock it is old fationed.

A lot of people seem to want to make there 25/30 year old bike as competitive as possible,

WHY if you cant take loosing on a modern bike GIVE UP ,dont come and spoil twinshock.

Who cares who spends what on what its the love of bikes that should make you go riding, and at the moment twinshocking is still a good day out who cares who wins or how much there bike cost.

The real danger is lots of people need to win and see it as an easy way to a few more trophies that spoils it for everone else,

I had a serious road bike accident last year and nearly lost my right foot, I cant start my 4rt yet or take to much punishment, but riding my old fantic has really helped and made me remember how much fun trialing actually is.