New '05 For '09 - Yep, You Read It Right.

sparkalounger

That price seems way off the mark when you look at this, 3900 euro just about equals 3900 quid. http://www.planetetrial.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=9384

What do you think one of these is going to be worth at the end of of the year when lads are struggling to get 2000 quid for their real 2009 bikes?

I think if the first year depreation was linear between the two it would still be a good deal.

It is a very attractive bike(never liked the white) a good performer, and bikes in good nick are sometimes hard to find.

Not to mention, a good rider on this bike will still kick your butt! :(

copemech Posted Yesterday, 10:13 PM

It is a very attractive bike(never liked the white) a good performer, and bikes in good nick are sometimes hard to find.

Not to mention, a good rider on this bike will still kick your butt! rolleyes.gif

Yep what he said and think about this, half of the Sherco Economy bike is 5 yrs newer than my current bike and the other half is 9 yrs newer. :beer:

But in my current situation still too expensive. :(

MSRP for a 2009 Sherco 290 in the US is $7350 the Economy 2009 / 2005 is MSRP of $5200 so how can that not be considered a Great Deal!! Over $2K difference is a lot of imported cheese.

Back in 2005 I would have to assume that this was a competitive bike, even in the upper classes. Many folks at the local level still ride units that are 2005 or older, but they were new in 2005 and by now have a good bit of time on them. Yet these riders are still very competitive in their respective classes. I would think that if you could buy a new 2005 Sherco 290 now that it would be worth $5200 in competition dollars. Of course the resale of an almost new 2005 would be lower, but I would think you get my point. Nothing like a new bike.

With my limited research experience I searched around on

I presume they are available worldwide, yet the quantity would be limited.

What year was it Gasgas produced both old and new models? Maybe '02 when the Pro came out? One might have been better off with the old one it seems.

These are not such a radical difference, still same proven basic design. The new ones are better, but will they make you a better rider? No!

I think all the new bikes are overpriced, and much like other things in the overall economy, new bike prices got out of hand.

Probably why they are not even trying to sell the $10k Monts here. :D

Great points!

I would like to add two more.

1). I rode a 2006 Sherco 290 this season and won the expert class in our state.

2). This is a bit better than the 2005 as it has 2009 upgrades such as carb, airbox, exhaust and ENGINE! From my understanding they are only using the 2005 rolling chasis and plastic.

MSRP for a 2009 Sherco 290 in the US is $7350 the Economy 2009 / 2005 is MSRP of $5200 so how can that not be considered a Great Deal!! Over $2K difference is a lot of imported cheese.

Back in 2005 I would have to assume that this was a competitive bike, even in the upper classes. Many folks at the local level still ride units that are 2005 or older, but they were new in 2005 and by now have a good bit of time on them. Yet these riders are still very competitive in their respective classes. I would think that if you could buy a new 2005 Sherco 290 now that it would be worth $5200 in competition dollars. Of course the resale of an almost new 2005 would be lower, but I would think you get my point. Nothing like a new bike.

With my limited research experience I searched around on

Edited by Sparkalounger